• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 07, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Wyatt and the 169<font size="-2">th</font> Airborne. Two different screen captures, one of a mpg1 video clip the other of a mpg2 video clip.

15000.jpg

15001.jpg

Wyatt, I need your current mailing address.

Art, #1 125 = the one my parents bought new in 1969, #2 125 = the one I bought used in 1992 (or was it 1993?). The #1 125 would be the one that I would bring to a Plow Day/Spring Tillage Day if and when I ever get time to fix the issues it has and install the 3 point.

Here's the pair, #2 on the left, #1 on the right circa 1992 (or was it 1993?).
15003.jpg

That does it!

Look here Apostle! There's been FAR TOO MANY digs about Slant Grilles around here lately!!!! And from people I admire and esteem to boot; yes, people I expect to embrace ALL Cub Cadets!; people I expect to cherish ALL the engineering marvels produced by the International fathers.

If the uneducated amongst us can't appreciate the aesthetic value of the Slant Grille, AT LEAST they should recognize it for what it is: a very UNIQUE, one-of-a-kind-Harvester-design that NO OTHER tractor company on this planet had the foresight or balls to fabricate. Beautiful or ugly, it REPRESENTS a company whose brand of equipment was SECOND TO NONE, a brand of tractor that STOOD ALONE AS NUMBER ONE in the agricultural and industral equipment industry! Stong. Powerful. Reliable.

Did the sissy green company make it? No.
Did the fix-it-daily blue company make it? No.
Name your color! Nothing compares!
GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

ihrotate.gif

Hey Ray-

How do you R-E-A-L-L-Y feel about those <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet products ?

Straight, zig, zig-zag, straight with a step out at the top, straight (again) and slatend out.

This seems to be the front end evolution. It looks like something for everyone, and something for everyone to bash.
wink.gif
As Ray has said all of them are second to none. But I still will stick with a Straight, zig and a slant for now. The others just do not apeal to me.

Jeez Ray, things a little tense at the Museum today?.....

Kraig-
In Wyatt's defense of the 169th division...
If I'm seeing things correctly that's ME behind Wyatt. I remember that round because Wyatt was in front of me with a clear furrow ahead. I detected a "race" as Wyatt dropped-plow and proceeded to take off, so I put her in "full steam ahead" mode. We were really cookin down the trail all the way back but by the time we got to the end of the furrow I began having flashbacks of WFM days gone bad and pulled back before all hell broke loose...<cough, cough>...again.

I'm thinkin' Wyatt wasn't gonna land that bird until he had "completed the mission".
happy.gif

Moral of the story, don't get in front of Wyatt on Plow Day!

Just a quick comment to add to what Digger said about adding some washers to the lift arm to clear the fan. Don't forget to check the lower clearance if your not running the lock pin. If you drive without the mower deck the lift arm can fold back and if you have some slop in the lower coupling it can hit the fan.

15006.jpg

Art, it's a diesel Cub behind Wyatt, I do believe that you're the guy walking across the field to the right in the smaller of the two photos. I think Bob (Big Bob) Bolhuis was driving your 1872 on this particular round. We all know how Wyatt drives, I see no need for defense. :eek:)

Charlie, do you have a webpage ready for PDV6 video clips? I've got a half dozen to send you, none of them include any evidence of a 1450 with a headgasket gone bad. Hmmm, I could capture just the audio of Travis telling me to turn off the camera...... :eek:)

Art,

The 169 race you remembered was probably between you and I, up the hill and back on the north end of the field. IIRC, the 18hp SGT and the 169 hung in pretty tight with eachother.....
happy.gif
happy.gif

Everytime I tried to race someone, I couldn't see
buttrock.gif

Ray, does that mean Ferd lovers have to like Pintos???
lol.gif

Smoker question....

Why does more power make more smoke?? Why do you get better milage with more power?? I thought that the smoke was unburnt fuel.
crazy.gif

Steve-
Yea, you and I "put it to the boards" too, but you know how Wyatt drives....
;-)

Tedd-
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Why does more power make more smoke??<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
Feed a baby more food and you'll find out why there's more smoke....
happy.gif

Where there's smoke, there's <strike>fire</strike>, er Travis.
15010.jpg

15011.jpg

Art,

but, "More power = better milage"?!?!!?

More fuel would be less milage!?!?!?!

(Message edited by till on January 08, 2004)

Latest posts

Back