• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 07, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
There, Happy now?
happy.gif

Thank you Mr Aytay.
happy.gif

Heck I thought I would never venture in to the Hydro world, let along the 82 series. But man I love that 682. The next 82 will be something special too. Spot still does the trick with the snow plow duty.

Weather guessers are saying more snow for the weekend.
proud.gif

I know it's off topic, but I needed some comic relief after seeing all those hydro pics. . .
14970.jpg

That's all I know is that MR. CARNEY and PAUL BELL was, and still is my source for narrow frame cub information and parts.

Between the two of them, those guys could write an entire book on Originals and Narrow Frame cubs!
thumbsup.gif

Bryan, you asked: "Well, who posted most of those pics in the first place?" Technically speaking, Steve did. :eek:p

they made narrow frame cubs?
wink.gif

roflol.gif

Art:
Actually, the hydro pics were very cool. Maybe someday I'll get one. But for now, I've got my hands full with my "new" Original and the continued upgrades to the 124.

All:
Any recommendations on a good coring aerator? I see Agrifab makes a couple of models.

HEY WYATT - When it comes to "FIELD TESTING" the new equipment Your designing don't forget Who Your friends are. I can think of about 6-8 people who could be REAL serious Objective Beta Test Sites!

Does anyone want to theorize why upon tear down of my K301A(it comes out of the 124), I found that my exhaust valve was all gald up. The sealing surface was badly pitted. THe exhaust valve seat is all pitted as well. It looks to me like the vlave stem is bent. i had a hell of a time getting it out of the guide.
The rings were in good condition, there was hardly any deposites in the chamber. There was barely any ridge in the top of the cylinder to speak of. The intake valve is perfect. Vertually all typical wear surface look good. The reason I took it down was that I was blowing a lot of blue smoke during run time. I bought it this way figuring it would need a rebuild. What made it wear this way? Also, is the balancing gear closes to the oil pan suposed to have any side play? This one chucks back and forth. I don't have any experience w/ this.

Denny, good point!

Wyatt, Count me in too please!!!! :eek:)

Wyatt,
Put me down for testing the home versions!
proud.gif

Dan M,
Maybe the engine was running lean. Dose it have a Warblo carb?? I had to have the exhaust valve replaced on my 241 when I rebuilt it. The valve was bent and caroded (sp?) at the bottom.

Jeff R. -

Hungy????????? (sic)

All,
As promised here are some scans of a news letter from the Fort Wayne plant introducing the Cub Cadet and the Scout. I just thought it was kinda cool. Does anyone else have something simular?
I'm not sure how the pics will turn out since I had to downsize them.
14973.jpg

14974.jpg

14975.jpg

14976.jpg

Kent, thanks for sharing! Any chance I could get you to send the high resolution versions via email? You know, for the archives. Thanks in advance. :eek:)

Kent-
That newsletter is pretty neat! Got scanner????
happy.gif

Kind of funny to see the last page of retirees. Not one of them had less than 15 years, yet most of them were in their upper 20's or lower 30's.

Shame you just don't see that anymore....

Dan M.-As Bruce Hornsby would say,"that's just the way it is..." Most of us go with the garbage can mod on the balance gears and put in a new exhaust valve,guide too if it isn't right. Lean condition and age are key factors. **** only lasts so long.

I picked up a new 6'x10' trailer courtesy of Carter's tonight. Good thing cuz I have 4 tractors to go get this weekend. Did you get that Wes?
biggrin.gif
14979.jpg

Tired of trying to start your diesel in this frigid weather? Shoehorn one of these bad boys in there,it'll wake that tractor up in a hurry.
14980.jpg

Kevin,
Thanks for the reminder....

The smoker I was trying to get {80's F350 crew cab} want to Michagen.
sad.gif
Lets see if the 93 1/2 ton blazer with 5.7 falls through too .......

Can you lighten up the picture a little???

Back