• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 07, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denny-
I don't think there's much field testing done, the test facilities are VERY tough on tool chests. I have got to check out some new Craftsman products and I'm going to get myself at least a couple of the new wall cabinets listed in Craftsman's "Workshop & Garage Organization" area.

Hi all, back from a couple year break.

Anyhow, just picked up a plow off a 122. Apparently its the narrow frame series, and upon sticking it under my 108, there no way its going to mount on there! I now have the plow on the classifieds board if anyone wants to swap, check there for more info.

2nd, are there any brackets I need for mounting the dozer blade? The narrow frame plow I is complete and my buddy I got it from said you dont need any brackets for it, it just slips right on. After looking at a wide frame plow, it still has the 2 arms, just curved upward, However I still dont see where they would go on my tractor, am I missing something?

Thnks for everyones help.

Kevin,nice "6-pack" Optima battery in the diesel,what are the CCA ratings on that monster??

I am getting by just fine with the 1782 diesel and a F&F off-da-shelf battery becasue I bought a block heater for it from Scott Madson. That helps so much it is amazing. Even keeps me warm at startup in the cab on those freezing sub zero days.

Art,glad to hear ya are joining the 82 series fanclub! Kinda figured it would just be a matter of time,seeing as ya enjoy the 1872 so much it needed a little brother. After Tedd took the giant leap forward to Stinky and likes it so much those 82's are gonna be harder to find!! Guess soon the Red tractors will the featured ones at Plow Days(heheheh). Nicest tractors IH built in their gt line no doubt!!

Kevin,
Did you have to do any "surgery" to get the battery in there?

Jim "D",
Is the block heater a factory add on thing or some fits one-fits deal?

Jim-The battery is 880CCA or somewhere in there. It really makes the glow indicator light up quick too. Hopefully it doesn't light up the starter too(in a bad way...).

Tom-I had to trim the lips off the battery tray. Other than that the t-stat housing had to come off to get it in there. Also had to cut the top posts on the battery so they wouldn't fry the crap out of the hood. I still have to make a nice assembly to hold it down,not the bungee cord in the picture. That's it. (And 120.00 for the battery which kinda hurt...)

Not sure if I want to become "The Cary Chopper" yet, might look into the block heater.

Here are the pictures of the foot pedal control I tried to put on a couple of days ago.

14984.jpg

14985.jpg

14986.jpg

14987.jpg

Finally got a chance to "get to know" the new 149..
Ever see a seat like this?
14989.jpg

At first I scoffed at it, but then I saw these..
14990.jpg

14991.jpg

It's actually a pretty large and comfortable seat. Should do good for mowing...
Anyone see a potential problem here?
14992.jpg

What about here?...
14993.jpg

Kinda explains why it does 1.5mph forward and about .00000436mph in reverse.

Mike M. Thanks for the reply. I thought it went between the arms of the rocker shaft but wasn't sure. I'm waiting for a piece of steel to be cut at work and it'll get the electric glue treatment.

Art,
I have one just like that on my 106. It came on the 1650 that I bought and put a new seat on from Ken. It really isn't that bad of a seat but I still like the ones fron C & G better.

Art, That seat looks just like the one on my forklift. Your's is in better shape though!
happy.gif

Don't know too much about the 149, I sold mine, but are those tubes correct and in good shape? Maybe kinked?

Art,
Ah yer alright to go, just put a few washers on that lift arm, put a smaller diameter fan on and clean the weeds out of that hydro linkage and take off. With that trunion spring Angled like that, that 149 would be a good one to run on side hills! grin

Art....That K&M seat is their "universal" mount unit. Sells for about $112. I'd much rather spend $ 49 for a seat that atleast has water drain holes and is a near copy of the 1X50- X82 series high backs from one of the forum sponsors.

Try lifting that seat off and you'll see the tractor raise up about 2 inches as the K&M is H-E-A-V-Y....

Wyatt...count me OUT for a field tester. I'm still long range testing a nice set of Snap-On's......
happy.gif

Jim D...Isn't it amazing how the 82's are THE tractor to get now........They are real workhorses. It makes me wonder why anyone would even admit to owning a "slanty" grille.

John-
The lines aren't kinked, but the Hydro fan is missing...that's a problem.

The thing about the seat that I thought is kinda cool is that after the seat pads get old and torn you can just unbolt them and recover them with new vinyl then bolt 'em back on.

Charlie-
Because of that bad hydro spring I was having flashbacks of the WFM Spring Tillage Day last year because if you let go of the hydro lever after backing up it will all of the sudden jump into forward "gear" with a lurch. Too scary for me!
happy.gif

Art, that seat looks very similar to the one I put on my #1 125. I put it on years ago before I knew better. I have a proper fiberglass pan seat for it when I get around to refurbishing the 125. Then the AC620 will get this seat.
14997.jpg

Mike C., you'll need a blade subframe that looks like this on.
14998.jpg

Kraig-
By #1 125, do you mean the one you're bringing to this years WFM Spring Break with sleeve hitch and plow installed?
;-)

Latest posts

Back