• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony C:

I haven't rebuilt one, but I did pull one apart. I replaced the rubber insulator bushings and re-assembled it. All went well for that project. I don't know if they are rebuildable, since you can buy replacements, either new or good used ones. They are relatively inexpensive.

Probably need to clarify my question. Person I purchased the 582 from had removed the blown-up Briggs and misplaced part #12. If I had part #12 would it bolt up to the 20hp Kohler? Don't want to purchase a part that won't work.
49225.jpg

Hi Guys,
Kinda an off topic sort of question. i have a 154 loboy which has had the cluthc and driveline removed, and a hydraulic motor installed to power the rear end. I was thinking I would put a hydrostatic unit in from a cadet, trans, pump, rear end, all of it, from a 125 that I had. Will the final drive units bolt on to the cadet rear? Any insight would be great, Thanks! Eric

KentuckyKEN - My Dad told Me MANY years ago that "A WELDER and CUTTING torch are DANGEROUS WEAPONS in Some People's Hands". That 127 David posted pic's of is EXACTLY what He was talking about.

Brian J,
Come on down to Tennessee and lets go out behind the wood shed.
bottom.gif

I do believe that David has now found the new leader in the "UGLY CUB" catagory.

KENtucky, yesterday you were asking about a post by a guy named Brian that went away. I think the answer is posted on most of the other forum topics. Never saw so much
49230.gif
on a forum before.

Eddie, be sure to give 'em a few from me too!
angry.gif

Anthony C,
I agree with Roland. Ammeters work on the theory that most of the current will be shunted, with very little going through the meter movement, maybe 50 micro amps full scale which is typical for analog meters. Unless there is something visual like a broken wire to the meter movement, I don't know what there is to repair.

JMHO considering my recent track record: one day late on a birthday, one month late on the SJAFB airshow(OCT 06)and I recently had the electron and hole current theory mixed.

Charlie,
beerchug.gif
Thanks!
happy.gif
If you're not already working on it, any chance you can make those spam posts go
poof.gif
?

Charlie, put your glasses on and/or have some more coffee, that was me that posted the Spam.
happy.gif

Charlie,
Homeland security must have let that one slip through.
BTW, you feeling better?

Anthony C. Be sure to check the wire connections in the voltage regulator area. My 147 would start, but not charge the battery. I rewired most of the tractor and now have everything working.

Charlie, ya got me thinkin. There are pdf manuals about hydro on cushmantrackster.com
I have a 71 trackster, they have two hydros in them. Check it out.
Bren
cushmantrackster.com

Anthony C.
Do yourself a favor and just buy a used one, most of the time they sell for around 5 to 10 bucks depending on condition.

Back