• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric T -- NOPE - wrong rotation unless you ran in reverse all the time. The hydraulic motor setup if done with the right motor/pump combo will be far better anyway. I did that to a Payloader and used a drill to power it around the yard and chained it to a tree and it dug holes spinning.

Dennis - hydraulics the the wrong hands in dangerous too! ;)

Say!
This may sound trivial to some, BUT!
Has anyone ever counted how many pieces there are in their Cub Cadet when they stripped it down to redo it?
Yea, I know it doesn't take much to entertain me!
whistling.gif

DUH! I bought my 122 in boxes and put it together without EVER seeing one. I didn't count the pieces (not enough toes) but it was more than 2.

I went to bed @ 6am - got up @ 8am ... PLEASE take that butchered 127 OFF the forum , I can't sleep for the nightmares!

Eddie B.-

I'm in a similar situation to you, I'm putting a KT-17 into a 582. The KT-17 is externally nearly identical to the mag 20 you are working with. Part 12 in your picture won't bolt up to the Kohler, you need one from a 1000 or 1200. Or you can do what I did. If the engine is solid mounted you can use the 70-128 style clutch driver and put a solid coupler in the rear and toss the rag joint because the engine's crankshaft is in the same axis as the input shaft on the transmission. I am making a custom length driveshaft for this, and if you need any more information, let me know, I did a bunch of research on this. Also check out the thread I started in the MTD section about CCC 582's. I have some info in there. Let me know if I need to clarify anything or if you have any more questions.

Almost forgot, to bolt the clutch driver onto that engine you need that aluminum drive cup that bolts to the flywheel end of the crank too...

Charlie - would that be "whole" pieces or "hole" pieces (after the rod let loose)
rant.gif

Charlie's out counting the atoms now ... man he needs a job!

Please Please ask me Charlie!! The answer is 2 Dang many!!

But it sure is fun!
pcwhack.gif

Pops

Back