• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing I noticed. There is a place to e:mail for further questions about equipment. The Rustoleum cream from what I remember isn't close either to the IH white. I would ask for the correct paint code number for that also. I remember on some of the old equipment the what was thought to be white actually had a very faint yellowish tint to the paint. In time it faded to an off white. Also when the weather warms up maybe Wyatt C. will get a chance to visit the tractor museum at Strawberry Point. Jerry Everitt and Sons tractor Salvage started it many years ago. There used to be a gentleman that would repaint some of the equipment. He went to great lengths (even writing the company) to get the correct paint colors and scheme on the equipment. They may have a can of the paint there on display.

Charles, you're welcome to come over and check it out some weekend. Marlin, thanks for the additional information. And, I'm in no hurry -- it's gotta warm up a lot before I'm doing any painting. If you could send me that paint information I'd appreciate it.

Marlin - I spent a TON of hours pulling Dad's old #8 plow around MANY years ago. Your correct on the colors, The cream was more like the color of a manila file folder, and the blue was a dark blue, not quite navy blue but close. Seems like one of My books, probably written by Guy Fay mentions what year the color scheme changed, and it changed several times.

Paul. I had a can of the IH paint that I bought from Dean Basset at their old Davenport store. I kept the label from it. If I get to the Legrand antique dealer I will see if he has any paint there. Last fall he had a quart of IH Hy Tran. A bit pricey at $15.00. He is looking for some Cub stuff for me in exchange for me looking for some items for him. Also that H and plow is CUTE. My oldest granddaughter would like that.

Dennis, My dad had a three bottom model 8 also. Rubber tires and trip rope. I think my mom still has that sitting somewhere (outside) on her farm. That was one nice little plow.

finally got my 149 back up and running again, thanks to a certain iowegian parts source!
your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

as you can see, the old axle casting had previously been snapped and repaired about 2" away from the current break. moral of the story: don't let 14 year old girls near your tractor!

finally got my 149 back up and running again, thanks to a certain iowegian parts source!
14896.jpg

as you can see, the old axle casting had previously been snapped and repaired about 2" away from the current break. moral of the story: don't let 14 year old girls near your tractor!

luckily we haven't had much snow, so I haven't had to put in too much shovel time to keep the driveway clear while the cub was broken. blade goes back on the cub this weekend, and the new carlisle turfmaster front tires are a BIG improvement in the snow!
14898.jpg

I need some help form somebody out there that's smarter about cubs than I am. I know that won't be too difficult. Here's the 100 (I think) the SN is 9253. According to the "monthly serial number report" in the FAQ's that's makes it an originial. Can any one tell me what I found.

Now that I've figured out my pics were in a .bmp format, I'll try this again.

14900.jpg

14901.jpg

14902.jpg

Brian,

Yep that is a 100. Have one and love it.

14904.jpg

The S/N may be filled in with paint or grime. Took a little work to get mine all cleared out.

With the large battery box it is an early one at that.

Your S/N is ether X9253, XX9253 or 9253X. My guess with the large battery box is that it will be X9253 or 9253X

(Message edited by till on January 05, 2004)

Tedd,
thanks for the info. I'll go out and look again at the S/N, in the daylight. And this time I'll take a wire brush with me.

Any tips on where to get stickers for a QA-42 Snow Thrower? I'm in the middle of a restoration...

Thanks Kraig!! As I don't have a NF, trying to help a guy out via phone. This will do the ticket.

hey guys, please check archives jan 02 for 2 pix I posted. Want to know if I bought a late model 7hp or an 8hp

Richard C.

Just wanted to comment on the excellent design and craftsmanship on that 3pt. Well designed and made....NICE WORK!!!

Tom H.

That outta keep you in tool storage for a while, especially if everything fit into your old box.....that's like moving from a studio apartment to a 2000 ft^2 house!!!!!!

Ed;

Leave it to the Florida group :) ...I posted a similar inquiry 2-3 weeks ago on the other Cub Forum; one opinion was that the 2 raised "pads" would indicate a replacement 8 hp motor OR perhaps a later 7 hp block casting. I noted that the 70 depicted in the original parts manual has the blank cover over what would be the fuel pump mount (which some 7 hp's do not seem to have) but does not appear to have the pads. My recently acquired 70 has both the pads and the fuel pump cover. And no *&*!^%!! tag...My son's been having so much fun driving it that I haven't had the chance to pull the head to at least measure the piston stroke (I believe the 8 hp K181 has a slightly longer stroke than the 7 hp K161). Now to figure out the date codes on the original Goodyears.....

See you at the Flywheelers!!

Mike

Paul F.

The cover of Updike's book "IH Tractors 1955-1985" has a great shot of the original IH "yellow/cream" color for the wheels. There is also a nice pic of a 450 plowing and a 504 plowing, both with clean views of what should be what color.

This pic might help too....

14908.jpg

Thermometer says "0" .....glad I don't have to move snow with a Cub tonight!!!!!!!

(good for the natural gas biz though!!!!!)

Full Hydros Ahead, she's gonna archive!!!!!!!....

(Message edited by aaytay on January 05, 2004)

Latest posts

Back