• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're on the southeast side of Lake Michigan and they're calling for 8" - 10" here...

Visibility is about 1/4 mile.

As for accumulation, only 2" so far :eek:(

We've been checking out http://www.instacam.com/
for time lapses of accumulations.

Heck, and they tell me I don't have a life...lol

OK you lucky cub snow pushers. Don't rub it in. Ours down here is only LOTS of rain. Everything is flooded. Some lightning and thunder added in.

Kinda hard to push water with a snow blade. May be able to throw some water with the thrower since it is so deep.

Travis -

I never said ALL firemen drove like nuts. I only mentioned those people (who aren't necessarily in the biz) with Illinois FF plates. I said nothing about the other 49 states. Sorry you took it as a slam to your voluntary efforts.

I may get lucky and get some seat time in later today...

14871.jpg

We were supposed to get 6 inches of snow and it has almost stopped and we have less than one inch.

%@!# weatherman!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAAAAHOOOOOO!!!

Plowed the drive with Spot, then fired up Stinky and took the kids for a half hour drag! Man what a blast. Still coming down. Am I going to pay for this tomorrow. Have to go in early to shovel snow.
Time to thaw out and then go look for some drives to plow.....maybe even some Cub money $$$$$

Howdy All. For all the snow hype of 3-8" last night and today it has been snowing a real fine snow since 10:15 a.m. this morning. It is slick out and there is just enough to almost cover the ground. Oh well at least it covered the grass where the snowblower threw gravel.

Tom H. That looks like a nice F12.

Tim B. It looks ilke you are getting what should've been distributed along the way before it got to your area.

Travis. Congratulations on acquiring that A. Will definitely be looking forward to seeing the pics of it.

Bryan, I know you didn't say "ALL", and I'm really not offended. I've been here too long to take offense to that. I just think "folks get 'em and then drive like they've got a "get out of jail free" card" could be taken the wrong way. No biggie, and the horse is dead.

"Biz" does sound a little like our old pal though
bouncy.gif

Sorry Matt G. We got 4 inches south of you. Still snowing too. Plenty of seat time on the 682. Two alleys, the driveway and the apron at the firehouse. Me thinks the 18 Magnum likes to eat much more than the 14 in my 1000.
On the FF plate thing. There are lots of Volunteers working in and around the Chicago area. I, personally won't buy FF plates. Don't need to advertise what I do. I also keep my blue light off the dash. And finally there IS a big difference between paid and volunteer depts. We could be out in under a minute and trained alot more than I do now as a volunteer. 4,5,6 or more minute responses drive me nuts. Sorry for the long post but the Fire service is religon for me.

Well, at least I got some seat time in on the Simplicity, cuz barely 2" is not enough to feed a hungry QA42A.

Travis -

A ha, so you admit it, you ARE in it only for the money...
wink.gif

Glen E. -

Yes, I notice that every day - waiting at the Fox River Grove train station I get to see all the cars, vans and trucks with the blue lights rushing to the station then leaving with the fire trucks up to 5 minutes after the ambulance has left. A BIG difference from my birthplace and workplace, the State of Chicago, where Company No. 1 is Johnny on the spot...

Damn Bryan!
Travis in it for the money! NAH!!!! Never happen!!
Rumor has it that I made a killin at PD6 though,
roflol.gif

Guys: A little out of season for Canada, but i want to speed up the blade speed of my 44C, for nextspring/summer.I've heard some guys have put smaller pulleys on their decks to give more blade speed. Can you buy smaller double pulleys? Do you cut the top pulley off, and put a smaller one on?What is the best way to accomplish this?
Still no snow up here...Getting purty _____ off!
Tom: Great lookin Tool storage unit.As Steve said, sure is nice to be able to spread the tools out a bit. Makes life easier. Kent W.

I think I'm going to definately need to get a 7hp tractor again, moving 3" of snow just isn't a challenge on a 169. I could go full hydro down the street blowing snow accross the street, doesn't miss a beat.

Some kid went past on his 4 wheeler and I think was laughing at me . . . . . we'll see who's machine is running 30 years from now.

MMMMM smores! Taste good after some cub time playin with about two inches of fluffy white stuff.

Can someone please tell me how wide the rear arms on a wideframe blade subframe are supposed to be? Mine look like commas. Canyonated sidewalks are kinda hard on things.

Tom H., What year is that F12? Are the wheels supposed to be red?

Wyatt C., Maybe he wasn't laughing at you, he might have been laughin with you. Going that fast while blowin snow must be quite a rush.

Eugene,
Yup, the wheels are correct being red. The Farmall line switched to all red I beleive in 1936. That F-12 is a 1933 serial # FS 3726.

Central IL Snow Report:

Sat. night: Light sleet
Sunday AM: 3" snow w/wind
Sunday afternoon: Freezing rain
Sunday PM: Light snow

Broke out the 149 w/soft cab and QA-42A.....3" of sloppy wet (almost slush) yet crusty snow sure gave it a work out!!!!! Pulled the snot out of the Kohler
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Only problem was light freezing rain sticking to the cab lexan and clear vinyl.

All of the power lines are ice coated and some are galloping in the wind, but I just repaired my generator yesterday, so the juice will probably stay on (now that I'm ready for it to be off
happy.gif
)

Craftsman Club sale the second week of Jan.......tool box is looking tempting!!!!

To the Administration of this web page>
Please change my e-mail address in my profile to [email protected].
I can not loacte a place to do this, so I ask your help in this matter. Thank you.

Charlie-
If you're gonna use the "wrong" hood decals, ya might as well put the wheels on bass-akwards!
happy.gif

Travis-
57,XXX? Sure, didn't you hear? They made 62,000 of those Originals during the first year...
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back