• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 04, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinX

Dave-

You'll always get the correct parts from the sponsors of this site. Just click on one of the colorful buttons near the top of this page.

Tom H., I hear you on the snow. I got up at 7:30 hoping to be able to hop on the 106 and have some play time. I woke up to bare ground. I am still under a Winter Storm Warning here so we will see if they are better guessers this time. The 1650 is still waiting anxiously to go to work.

Here the "Club Chest"
14854.jpg

Just 'cause I have nothing better to do since there is <font size="+2">NO SNOW!!</font>
14861.jpg

It is one of my old F-12's that's since gone. To keep on topic, there is a 124 in the background.

Good Mornin'

My winter project is to refurbish my 44" mower deck and I remember a while back there was some discussion on what type of paint to use underneath that would let the grass loose and be good protection. After painting I thought about undercoating it with undercoating spray.
Anyone have any ideas of what to use?

Tom, keep the faith.

After being covered in <font color="0000ff">blue</font> on the radar yesterday, it started to snow here this morning. Light at first, then picked up a little. It's supposed to snow until 4:00PM. Don't if there will be enough to throw, but you can blade an inch if you have to. ;o)

Norm B
That stuff is Slip Plate and you can buy it at Grainger. I use a cheap brush to apply.

Travis:

You are correct on about the only recognition are the F-F plates.

I do appreciate the effort the volunteers put out but there are the few that do abuse the privileges like the Chevy P-U with F-F plates that passed me and my trailer loaded with cubs last week in the left turn lane in the middle of town going hell bent for broke. No he was not headed to the station as both fire houses were the opposite direction. If somebody had started to enter the left turn lane, it would have been messy.

The majority don't abuse them but there are the few like that idiot. Those are the ones you remember.

When I was a city council member, I worked hard to keep the volunteer department as some wanted to make it a full time position. Would compare our group to any paid dept for performance, response and dedication. The rating in our town of 20,000 plus is the best you can get.

Ted is probably right about where the funds go, knowing our Sec. of State. Hires his daughter to a $70,000.yr job right after the election and raises all license fees and says he had nothing to do with it. LOL

Seat cushion:

I was wondering if that cushion on e-bay would fit. Now I know the answer.

Figured it was too good to be true.

Don V. It is in the mail.

Thanks, Tom, I'll check it out. Does it come in colors?

Just checked out slip plate. Do you apply it over a primer or just bare metal & do you use slip plate #1 or #3?

Tom,
I like the new storage for your regular tools right next to your cold tools. Will the cold tools now demand upgraded storage, too?
Can you move the roll-around out of the spot between the bench and the fridge, or is there more room than it looks like in the picture?
We started getting some flakes about twenty minutes ago. It's just starting to stick on the ball diamond, playground, and sidewalks across the street, and some of the limbs on the elm in the front yard. I was going to wait until this afternoon before firing up the chainsaw on the pine in the front yard to help keep the neighbors happy. Looks like I may not get the chance now. Don't like the idea of climbing snow covered branches, even if I use a bow saw.

Tom it is blowing and snowing here in South Elgin too bad I have to work this afternoom probably have some seat time on the Smoker when I get off work.

Hey Tom...Don't look now...it's snowing.....woo hoo.

How much have you got so far in Northern Illinois?

I guess I can take the Deck off and put the plow back on...lol

Frank M. -

As if the last guy was any better
lol.gif

I can tell ya that there's not much chance of the FF plate driver being a volunteer around Chicago. Those that are firemen and try to use that to get out of tickets or other trouble are invariably slapped with "conduct unbecoming a Chicago fireman". I know, I've peeked at the data...
wink.gif

Tom H. -

At this rate I don't see how we're gonna get 6" out of this.

I'm beginning to think Tom Skilling lies as much as his brother... <font size="-2">let's see how many catch THAT obscure reference...</font>

dang its cold, got home from the cabin last night, it was cold there, in 20-30, but man its real cold here, just stepped outside and took a reading with my raytek and its -6 out there, not much snow at my place, which is good cuse the clutch on the 106/loader isn't workin right, and i'd hate to miss out on plowin some snow.
well time to play forum catch up.

Richard C., I went back and looked and sure enough the information was there. I even posted a question asking the powers that be save it in the faq. My memory isn't so good so I printed the thing out.

I'm not saying all fire fighters drive good, and I'm not trying to harp on you guys for what you're saying. It sounds like you have a different situation with the plates than we do in Iowa, and have reason to back up your statements. All I'm trying to say is not to make the impression that anyone with FF plates is a shi!!y driver. If we get reported driving bad (whether driving to the Fire Station or otherwise) we get talked to about it.

On the other hand, if my house is on fire and my wife and kid are inside, get here ASAP ;-)

I got ahold of a 36 "A" that my Great Grandpa bought brand new. I'll try to post some pics tonight.

Back