• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... needs a Stand Back From Monitor warning !
thought I was gonna get sucked in there fer a minute !

<font color="0000ff">by keeping BOTH hands on the camera</font>

"I'm still confused over Kendell's TD40 ..."
bash.gif

OK, KentucK and Kraig - yer just trying to get me in trouble with Charlie, but if you follow this, there are Cub pics along with the TD40...
1: Brian Watson referred to "Craig Morgan's website" at 10:22 last night...I read it this morning and got curious - did a Google and found out that he's a C&W guy with a song "International Harvester".
2: I found his web site, on which is a contest asking for pics of your modified IH tractors - it's got about 50 so far, including -TA DA- a really neat <u>Off Topic</u> IH TD40...
3: Thinking I was the last forum member to learn WTH Craig Morgan is, I made a comment about liking the <u>OT</u> TD-40 (sorry Charlie) but in a mind fart, told you, not Brian, that I like the <u>OT</u> TD-40, then realized it and corrected myself....

This will teach me to refrain from making comments about <u>OT</u> subjects on the main forum....
rant.gif

BTW, check out the pics at his site here
thumbsup.gif

Some one asked for snow photos,
74720.jpg

74721.jpg

74722.jpg

74723.jpg

74724.jpg

heres the path I opened up with the 127 & plow, than snowblowed the windrow away with the 3235 on Sunday so I could get to the parts shed.(camper in background)
74725.jpg

74726.jpg

Kraig,
I'm still looking for a universal needle bearing set for my QA42A. I have tried the local Cub Cadet sales and service in my area and all are saying the same thing...NLA. The electronic IH parts lookup at the top of this page loads my cart ok but when I check out all is empty. As I mentioned earlier, I called the number they provided and they stated NLA as well. So, is it safe to assume that with all the snow throwers we have running out there are no bearings (u-joint) to repair the drive shaft? What shall we do for fun???

Charlie-

To quote his last post:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

bearings (u-joint) to repair the drive shaft<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Charlie:
Like I said, I've learned my lesson.
err.gif
No more OT on the main forum...
Now - as to the needle bearings, I'd like to know if the set in the sprocket mount are available or what the specs are, since that's the shakiest area on my QA42a - the PO didn't pay attention and when I rebuilt it a few centuries ago, I ended up with some non-stock shims to keep things from wandering too far. I grease the heck out of it, but every time I hear a new noise when I'm out on the trail, I look for needles to start flyin'..

Charlie,
My QA42A spit out a U-joint bearing and I,m trying to repair it. I need some help locating a needle bearing set to repair the u-joint on the drive shaft. Not having much luck. Any ideas?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back