• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope he bought her a new rolling pin to replace the one she wore out on him last year
whistling.gif

Ken,
I remember mine being bent where the red arrow is pointing. It only fits one way, it binds if I flip it over. Maybe its not suppose to be bend, but I figured if mine is bent and Don's is bent it might be factory. All my hydro's are currently installed or I might have a picture.
74617.jpg

We ended up with 2-3" of snow overnight, most of which was blown around by the wind. Anyway, it was still snowing this morning when the kids wanted to sled (OK, dad wanted to get out the 582 and pull them on the sled too...
happy.gif
) Perfect conditions for a saucer sled spin around the trees in the front yard!!!!!

74623.jpg

74624.jpg

74625.jpg

....what a fun way to start the new year!!!!

Happy 2008!!!

New member. My first question is on the snowthrower attachment does the QA36A mean that it will fit a wide and or a narrow machine?

Don,

Welcome!!!!

Yes, the A or B suffix on a snowthrower means it will fit both a wide and narrow frame (just swap some bolts and spacers around to adjust the width of the QA (Quick Attach) horns).

QA = Quick Attach
# = width
Suffix A = all yellow Cubs (except Original)
Suffix B = all Cubs (except Original) This model had curved upper links to clear red 82 series grills better.

So I have a 1450 I think its about a 1975 or so and I bought a QA36A snowthrower for it with the idea of modifying the pully size for more speed. What do you think?

At the risk of being slammed via email again for tellin people to check out the CUBFAQ.COM listed in the FAQ page listed above, I'll do it again anyway.
biggrin.gif

I read that article, I guess my question was not stated well. I meant to ask if the snow thrower will fit the 1450.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Steve
Now that looks like fun!!I was out back a couple days ago pulling the kids around on the back of an old chair!!They called it dirt surfing!Great fun.
Don
lucky man getting the tools

Don R.
Yes it will fit. A 1450 is a Wide Frame or Quietline tractor, so your good to go.
I've used a QA36A for years on QL's.
74627.jpg

Tomorrow when its a little warmer I'll look for the numbers and see just what year the 1450 is. I see the warnings about the smaller pully on the thrower. It's worth making sure all is in good order first. I work in a service shop and have access to a large machine shop so I should be able to fabricate if nessary. I just put the blade on for this year, hopefully I can have the thrower ready for next year.

How scarce are Model 800's? I know IH only made them for a couple of years. I saw one from the road the other day and it looked like a basket case. Just wondering if I should go back and ask about it.

hi guys. i did get a few more Xmas presents from my good wife.i know there is one you will all enjoy. A question about item # 14 above can someone tell me the length and thickness of the pin at the end so i can cut the old one off and drill out the hole and press in a new pin ..thanks mine is in such bad shape that i can`t use it for a template.
coffee.gif

]
74635.jpg

wrong again , bad day for me. Please look down to
]By Terry Busch (Tcbusch) on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 11:24 am:and you will see and understand what pin i mean. thanks
coffee.gif

I have that same sign, in license plate for, framed an placed outside the shop entrance.
happy.gif

John W; thanks for the pointers on removing the pinion retainer. No progress today as it snowed all day and work called. Hope to get it apart later this week Thanks again.

Terry - My 129's linkage is straight and so is one from a 1450 I bought years ago from DonV.

Charlie - Now ya tell me ... I passed up an 800 being worked on at the Kubota/MF dealer a few years ago.

The ground is white here
74638.gif

Latest posts

Back