• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
74587.jpg

biggrin.gif

Pat K, I recently had to dig into my internal brake also. Kinda the pits, as the brakes are the very last thing you get to after dismantling everything. ;) ;) Not too hard really, just keep your shims in line and don't buggar up the retaining clip on the pinion as it is sized (by thickness) to adjust the mesh of the pinion and ring gear. I had to by a pair of those heavy 'backwards' pliers to remove it. Pliers were about $20.

I think it may be cheaper to by a complete gasket kit, as I pieced mine together and it cost more than I thought it should.

Happy New Year Folks.

I have bee a member for several months, and have gotten TONS of valuable information from this forum.

I own a 1974 109, my dad bought new. In process of some TLC, and maybe adding some attachments. I will post more later, as I succeed, or have questions.

I do have two questions. First, If someone responds to my post is there an easy way to find that?? Or do I just keep scrolling through posts??

Second. Does anyone know the bolt pattern for the rear wheels?? Is it 5 on 4.5"?

I will try a pic.

74594.jpg

And yes, you just scroll trough the topic that you posted in to find out if anyone has answered - that keeps ya comin' back more often !!
thumbsup_old.gif

This may end up posted twice??!!!

Thanks Kendall and Paul.

Now I will scrounge up some automotive wheels and adapt them, with snow tires and studs.

I have a plow coming, which will need some modification. I could use it today if I had it.

Brad, you guessed it. The main mower drive belt tension was too loose on the 100. I never heard belt "squeal" so I never suspected the belt slipping. All I had to do was turn the tensioner nut a few turns instead of tearing the front end apart.

Don D.
Check the belt to see if it's glazed over. If it is, you better replace it, I doubt it will last after being squealed, BTDT.

Good morning, got some used parts in the mail yesterday and thought that i should put them in this fine morning, but i think that i have a problem i think that the control arm here is bent. now i wonder if i will hurt it to bend it back straight and is it supose to have a factory bend ?
74598.jpg

hope you can make this out alright!
74599.jpg

Well i think i got bigger problems that a bent rod. i don`t think these parts came off a 149 because the rod is longer than i have. I see that i realy just needed the bushing and the end of the rod repaired. I need a better persom that me welding this.lol
74603.jpg

you must have got that shipped ups.. fed ex would never have bent your parts. sorry i was reading the other posts in the sandbox.. btw happy new year all and no i have no clue. i need some more refreshment

Don,
The clevis end is not suppose to be bent. The non-clevis end is suppose to be bent. At least it is on all of the 147's I own. Maybe those parts you got are for a 147?

Don,
The a part number for the 147 is IH-528870-R2 and the part number for the 149 is IH-545513-R2. The top picture is the 147 linkage and the bottom is the 149. Looks like the longer one, in the top picture, is for the NF's, ie 147's.
74607.jpg

74608.jpg

Thanks Terry Busch (Tcbusch) I`am not a welder but i`am giving it a shot now.i used a Miller 135 wire welder to add where the pins were worn on part # 14 and a lot of hand filing and see how it comes out. Later DonT
gee i wish i would get what i order!
coffee.gif

well i welded and filed .it is not as sloppy now but the next one will be cut off and drilled and a new pin installed
74611.jpg

Terry - You say the non clevis end is suppose to be bent ? Look again at the breakdown you posted ... no bends anywhere.

Don - If it were me I'd take the long one and cut it to length to the short one then turn it down and thread it ... but I have more than a file in the shop ;) Ya gotta do what ya gotta do with what ya have. Next Christmas ask Santa for a lathe and mill , or maybe you already did but you were a very very bad boy last year
biggrin.gif

On my 1250 rods 11 and 14 in the parts break down posted here are straight as an arrow. I don't think there is much if any difference between models.

Thanks for all yur help. i had the 149 out for a spin and then adjusted the brake nuteral lever i`am done.the 149 works great now. I did get some tools for Xmas ,my wife buys them lol
74614.jpg

Don, oookkk ur wife buys you tools at Christmas. Did you happen to leave a catalog open with a part number circled as a (heavy) hint?
shhh.gif

Back