• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 01, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always figures no mater how many were built they are all worth trying to save. Just don't let my wife read that.
bouncy.gif

My Cub snow blower doesnt throw snow worth a crap. Very disappointed. I've been using it to plow with, more than a snow blower. I've sprayed the chute with implement graphite paint and it still clogs. It'll barely throw snow over out of the way of the tractor. I go super slow and have tried smaller bites, to no avail.. Seems the auger turns pretty good though. Any help? Is it better to go with a plow?
Chris

Happy New Year to all!
74646.jpg

Got back home earlier today from Kansas City, MO. Took the day off on Friday and drove down. Didn't have time to stop and visit anyone along the way, straight down I35. Wow, was it ever windy in Iowa and Southern Minnesota today!
yikes.gif

Charlie, I've seen a brand new hydro control handle before, however it was back in 1969.....

Welcome to all the new guys!
groupwave.gif

Chris, did you clean off any and all rust and make sure that the discharge chute was nice and smooth BEFORE you painted it with the graphite paint?
dunno.gif
If you just painted over a rough layer of rust it will not perform like it could and should. Also make sure that the PTO clutch or the belt is not slipping. Are the auger bearings in good condition? Is the 90° gearbox and the bearings on the input and output shafts in good condition? Are the two needle bearings on the drive shaft in good condition? Have the two needle bearings and the drive shaft U-joints been greased? Is the chain in good condition without partially froze up links? These are all areas where you can have a power loss. I assume you have a QA36A or QA42A on a 1250, that 12hp should be plenty of HP to throw snow.
buttrock.gif

Don T., Charlie needs a sign kinda like that one, only it should read "The Missing Knuckle Garage".
clown.gif

I saw on an off brand tractor site they "blue printed" a snow thrower by adding to the paddles on the auger to close up the gap between the edge of the paddle and housing. Was supposed to make a huge difference in throwing distance.
Anybody see the pic of the highly modified cub on Craig Morgan's web site?

Chris, Brian brought up another point, what is the condition of the auger flights on your snowthrower? If they are all bent up, especially in the area of the paddles, it isn't gonna work that well.

Kraig,
I doubt many know what your talkin about!
biggrin.gif

Chris P.
It has a lot to do with the type of snow too.
If it's wet, it ain't gonna throw worth a crap, if it's super dry it ain't gonna throw worth a crap.
Depends on how much your bite is too and many other variables.
Sometimes, it's just crappy no matter what ya do!
This was before my upgrade, in wet snow. The pic earlier is after the upgrade and drier near perfect for throwin snow.
74651.jpg

Charlie-

I know what you mean about that white cement stuff not throwing too well...that's what we got last week, about 5" of that. It seemed to work the best when I had it almost plugged. The dry stuff we got last night blew really nice....I got almost 20 feet sometimes. I have a smaller pulley on the thrower, but, then again, it's only 1/4" smaller diameter, so I might be gaining 50 rpm
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back