• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stan W.
Cool,
Would you share pics and info with us?
thumbsup.gif

Kentuck,
Well I'm gonna be very blunt here in regards to your question as to my where abouts.
Every once and a while it seems that there's a mass emailing to my inbox asking me why I have to be such a smartass and be the first to answer as many questions as I can as fast as I can and try to beat everyone else to the punch.
And why I think I know more than anyone else by doing so!

Well I never gave it much thought until now. I always thought that my jumping in was helping guys out so they could get to working on their tractors as soon as possible. Believe me, I'm far from the smartest about anything in this world. But I do try to get the most correct info I can find as quick as I can to help folks out.
Of course everyone knows how big of an asshole I am. So I kinda figured I'd just set back and watch for a bit and see if it made a difference.

Someone made mention the other day why it was so bad to tell people to BTFM (Buy the factory manual) and then RTFM ( Read the factory manual) and I think Bryan and I both can tell them why it's not a good idea. You tell someone to do those two things and the crap hits the wall and everyone gets pissed off and then your an asshole for doing it.
You edit a post and your an ass, you try to get people to do very little reading and your an ass. You try to give everyone what they want and someone else thinks your an ass, because you didn't word it exactly right.
I just don't understand WHY it's such a big deal for people to read a few simple rules, understand them and follow them.
A good example are the new guys that sign up everyday, I reject on average of 3 to 7 a day, just because THEY can't read and follow the rules.
And yes I get hammered ACROSS THE STREET, because of OUR rules.
Well you know what, WGAFF!
I could go on and on, but there's no point.

And NO, I'm not looking for guys to post telling Bryan and I how well we're doing and how much you appreciate the site and all that other mushy fuzzy crap. We're here for a reason. That reason is to help people out when help is needed. Hammer a few once a while just because it's fun to pick on people now and then, Especially Bryan!
And to just have a little fun in this world we live in by meeting and sharing what we know and don't know.
And guess what, The post numbers will drop after this because I will have pissed someone else off.
coffee.gif
whistling.gif

Robert F: <font face="courier new,courier"><font size="+2">Hy-Tran
</font>you know in the gallon jugs, you'll need two</font>

I got the loader on a 100 for $1500 along with a york rake, a single plow and an eight disk harrow
I've actually removed from the 124(over worked the poor little guy and blew the rear end) and put it on my 882D (with some slight mods to the tractor) I'll take some pics of that shortly.
49079.jpg

Anyone able to tell me how to make my picture uploadable on the forum. Everytime i upload it, it says that it is too large of a file. Any help??

Glen,
You asked "What's the cheapest and easiest/best way to put a loader on your 1X8/9". I had given this much thought after I built my loader. (Its in my profile). I guess this depends on your metal working skills and tools. The easiest way to put a loader on a cub is to buy a loader designed to fit on a cub or one that is already installed. You could also buy a loader kit kit and plans and assemble a loader. Another option would be to build a loader from scratch off of a set of plans. Here is my opinion on the rankings using a scale of 1 to 5, easy to hard, and cheap to expensive.

1. Buy a loader designed for a cub:
difficulty = 1, price = 3
2. Buy plans and a steel kit for a loader:
difficulty = 3, price = 4
3. Buy plans and find steel and hydraulics on your own:
difficulty = 4, price = 2
4. Find steel and hydraulics on your own:
difficulty = 5, price = 1

and BTW I did option 2. It was higher priced than buying a pre-made Johnson loader, if you can find one, and more difficult than finding a pre-made loader.

Robert F.-

You need to resize them. I believe the limit here is 80kb. They also need to be in .jpg or .gif format. You can open them up in paint and crop pictures taken from too far away to reduce the file size. Your digital camera takes pictures that very large, for example, mine takes them at 1280x960. Reducing the size to 640x480 may be enough, but smaller sizes are even better. I would think your digital camera came with software to edit photos.

I use Microsoft Office Picture manager to resize my pictures. (If you have a newer computer and Microsoft Office you probably have this-- mine opens the pictures with this program when I double-click them.) Most photo-editing programs have similar controls.

To re-size pictures in Microsoft Office Picture Manager:

Step 1:
Open the picture in your program of choice. In Windows Explorer you can see the size of the file (right click: properties) Go to "Edit Pictures" and select "Resize"
49082.jpg

Step 2:
You now have 3 options, a predefined width and height, custom width and height, and percentage of original width and height. I usually use 50% of the original width and height to start, and see where the file size winds up. Save the file, rename it if you want to keep the original larger picture.
49083.jpg

Step 3:

This step isn't necessary if the picture is now under 80 kb. However, my example is still over a bit, so if this happens, you have 2 options: resize again or crop in paint. I chose to crop this one to make it fit.

49084.jpg

The finished product:

49085.jpg

Back