• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlarsen

displayname
Jim Larsen
Charlie didnt even see I did that must be your computer doing double.
lol.gif

Charlie's been sniffin to much ehaust from his "leave blower".

Jim - actually I was lookin around for the other Double Mint twin myself...

ok guys here we go...
I seen this deck on ebay, its a 48 inch and the guy claims it came off of a 124. Even though the tractor was a narrow frame, would this fit on the standard 128 under carriage without any adjustments?

49046.jpg

Ok you those guys praying and dancing for snow to work those Cubs. Yahoo has an article on a lady selling snow (e-bay) by the dump truck load. You have to pick up tho! Denver.

Pops

Similar to Jeff's question:
Would this 50" off a 782 fit on a 149 with the brackets from the 149's original 42" deck?
49049.jpg

Jeff B: Yes, It'll fit. There are 3 different 48 inch decks. The earlier 48-inch deck won't install without some mods and uses different belts. The second (the one you show) and the last version will both install identically. Both these decks use the same PTO & spindle belts.

FYI: If your deck has a id plate with a ....U1114 or ....U1115 ending you will have the waterpump style bearing spindles. If however, your deck ID plate # ends in ...U1116, it will have roller bearings and welded cup spindle assemblies.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Mitch-
Yes it will fit fine. I run a similiar 44GT deck on my 169.

Mitch H: Please check that 149 Deck....Last time I looked, the 1x8/9 series did not come with a 42 inch deck. They came only with a 38, 44, or 50 inch decks...The 82 series used a different width pto belt so it'll only work if you change the center pulley to the 149 style (probably IH-59703-C2).

I had an idea for a coffee table book (for my own house). We are going to take pictures of every overnight guest. Each visitor will have to smile their biggest, cheesiest smile while sitting in the pan seat of my cub. People who visit often will get an update photo every five years. I think such a photo album (with dates and info below each photo) will be very fun to do and will make an excellent conversation piece. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions to make this a better idea.

Mitch-

1x8/9's came with 38,42, and 48" decks to begin with and they switched to the 44 and 50" decks in 1974. You will need a different subframe and mule drive for the 50" deck, the one for the other deck won't work. The deck may fit onto it but you will probably have clearance issues. As said by someone else, you'll need the drive pulley for the 1/2" belt or what ever the 149 uses, I know it's not 5/8" like the 82's use.

Mitch: Matt G is correct, the change over was in 74. So, you probably do have a 42 inch deck. The PTO belts for all the the 1x8/9& QL decks were 3/8's in width. For the 82 series, IH changed the PTO belts to 5/8's inch in width. So, if your deck came from an 82 series the center pulley must be changed to match the PTO's & belts used on previous models

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

proud.gif
Yeah. That's the one, the one with the teeth. He's the one that got part of my last post. Picked him out of the lineup. That reminds me. Have to get a tooth pulled at 11:15 today.

KENtuck,
Just noticed. Your out of your Santa Claus costume.

Just got some pics from a forum member and I thought I would post one of them and let you guys tell him what might happen with this setup.
49053.jpg

Bob B., sorry for the slow response to your query, Christmas and New Years got in the way of my forum access time. Parts 23 (bracket) and 20 (U-bolt) in the exploded view are the bracket and U-bolt that attaches onto the lift handle for the lift rod to connect to.

49055.gif

Here's a couple of photos of the lift bracket mounted onto a Cub Cadet lift handle.

49056.jpg

Latest posts

Back