• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 27, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjohnson

displayname
Brian Johnson
Does anybody recognize this gearbox and can tell me what it's for and what Cubs it fits? Thanks!
80166.jpg

KENtucky, the steering column was headed in the right direction then he took a turn that lead him down a wrong path....

Charlie,
If you're needing a steering column grommet for an original you can get them through your Case/IH dealer. The Cub 154/185 Lo-Boy's used the same grommet. Part# 376254R1. I picked one up for less than $4.00 and some guy on e-pay was selling them for $15.00 plus shipping.
swear.gif

Myron, thanks for the lead on the fuel line gromets, My cco has been leaking from there for some time now. We don't have a IH/Case dealer here but do have a local outfit that does repair work on the trucks.I stopped in with that number and he had 50 of em on the shelf @ 77 cents each. Sometimes the small things really make me happy. Thanks again

Charlie, you said you cant get to the shed because of the giant snow drift. Well, make like the Swiss. Hop on your 'walnut chucker' and tunnel thru it!
err.gif

Jim S, I have had some other members ask about my homemade 3-point. I dont have any pics or drawings at this time. The setup is barried under other cub parts int the corner of the shed. When I get it uncovered, I will be glad to share info.

Charlie, the hole in the dash is 2" in diameter. The steering column tube is 1.5" in diameter and the top of the steering column with the metal ring/cap is 1-19/32" in diameter.

Brian J., perhaps if you took a couple more photos of your mystery part from different angles someone might be able to ID it.

Brian Johnson...looks like it could be from a Cadet ...vertical shaft motor, transfers to a side input peerless type axle

Calvin,

Like Charlie said, at the top of the page, click on the FAQ link. There you will find a question about what color to paint your cub. click on that and there is a chart showing different manufacturers part numbers.

I'll take more pictures and get back to you on the gear box. Thanks for the help.

Tom,

I have contacted all the mfgrs and asked for their respective p/a, and they say that the numbers don't mean anything to them. Is this something you normally walk in and purchase off the shelf or do they mix it?

Thanks, Calvin

Calvin,
They will have to mix it for you. You should be able to go in to any auto parts store that has paint products and get them to mix what you need off of those part numbers.

looking for information about the size of hydraulic cylinder that is used on hydraulic angled blade. has any one made one . I looking to put one on a 42" for my 782

Tom,

Thanks, however here in So. California, there was only one NAPA store that mixes paint, and they only mix for one customer. Probably due to our strict EPA rules. Maybe I should try out of state somehow, not sure if paint can be shipped UPS.

Calvin

Calvin,

I can go about anywhere here in IN for paint. You might be able to get someone to ship to you but you probably won't get any guaranty on mixed paint.

I know at least one (thanks Charlie) of our fine sponsors above is happy to ship mixed paint to your door. It even comes with that fancy Cub Cadet label.
thumbsup_old.gif

And I'm pretty sure that when I open mine up in a few weeks he will be happy to fix any problems. At least before it's applied anyway.
bouncy.gif

Kraig-

"Oh wait, I can see it now, I'll end up with the 12hp Killer Kohler in an Original chassis."

Yea...that's better than what you have planned for that engine!

Charlie-
I say we show up at Kraigs and get it finished. I'll bring the pink paint...
roflol.gif

Got to agree with ya Art
lol.gif

Got a 12 in my Original, should finally have the header done this week. Have to find a large enough block of aluminum to make an oil pan now though
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back