• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 26, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow"

Send them to my shop email I have listed, thanks.
I think it will be cats A$$

Doug. M I agree with Steve B except I'll add a mower deck. When the grass gets really long a creeper will keep you from riding the clutch.

Ok - I give in to you plow guys and Gearheads on recommendations for the Creeper. It really just lets you go "slower" anyway. I'm a hydro guy - with infinitely variable speed. I don't have a clutch to feather or slip.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Harry Bursell

thumbsup_old.gif

Hello all, i received the 1in spindles for the 1250, my question is what huds do you use, i looked in the faqs but cant seem to find what hubs to put on the new spindles, any sugustions would be great thanks.

Darren: I bet I can make you say "Duh". You need the wheels that take 1" bearings.
happy.gif

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

Thanks for the pictures ! we will have to talk.

On the hydro gear drive debate, well I think the only problem I could have working a hydro is heat dissipation of the fluid .but I can pull a plow faster and longer depending on the soil and sod thickness.In have only a 61 Original and the 100 that are gear drives to base this on and found them hard to get the rpm`s and gear correct. I have given some thought to a 15 hp diesel in a gear drive tractor but my hydros do the job and I don`t need my left leg on a clutch! I could install a cooler ,fan assisted to keep it cool and always have all the torque I could ever use. But gear drives will get it done . I guess we could sum this all up with" these are all awesome tractors"
popcorn1.gif

DON - I agree with Steve B, & Dave. A 100 can pull a 10" Brinley almost ANYWHERE in it's slow 2nd gear. The only time I plowed at a PD in 1st was at PD #2 where the dirt was packed when wet during combining and was turning over in HUGE slabs. Guys with Hydro's were boiling over the Hy-Tran if they plowed more than 2-3 rounds in a row. My rearend in the 72 never even got warm to the touch.

Back when I still had the K181 8 HP in the 72 a creeper would have been nice blowing snow, but for my 20 ft X 60 ft driveway it really wasn't necessary. I could slip the clutch on the first full width pass then take partial passes. With a tiller you would need one.

.....Let's just say I've pulled the snot out of hydros at PD's and have yet to tear one up......I'm not one for plowing shallow or slow, so my tractors have to take it
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Even with a 19T second gear a 12hp will WALK a 10" Brinly 95% of the time......

Don T, Crank has to come out to get the cam out, unless the block is broken. What I'd like to know is how you changed a govenor gear without
taking the engine apart.

Good morning, All. I think Hydro Harry meant to say that you'd want a creeper if you had a rear mount tiller on your Cub Cadet.
happy.gif

Ya'all have a wonderful day.

Rick Goodman Gatekeeper of the shop

During the assembly of my 149 engine after a rebore I forgot to put the screw in the block that holds the governor on the post it sits on.Moving the engine around the governor fell off and fell down.seems I removed the cam cover to have a look and discovered that I could use a piece of coat hanger wire to get the governor back on it`s post. The crank was turned in the correct direction to get the governor moved back in place and then the screw was installed to keep the governor in place.
I can only state what I did with help from Jim Spence who was here at the time.I have a new governor here that was installed in my 149 engine that we had to replace because we could not keep the K for going wot. I can`t see anything amis with it,but it does not work like it should.
We have some snow here today , when I get my loader out to install the power steering I will pull the 14 k out of my 147 to see if it has balance gears installed.

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)

I have never been to a plow days but would love to take my 149 out and work it.I did turn some sod one time with the 149 and the hydro fluid never got hot. This sod is thick but the ground was soft. I think we had the plow down about 8" in these pictures. my plow was rust covered and seemed to pull harder at first and became easier as more sod was turned. I had a ball that day.

235880.jpg

Donald T. Neat picture. To get the rust off your plowshare use an old red brick. With patience that helps immensely. And it is easier on the plowshare than using sandpaper which will tend to add scratches.

Everyone-

With my engine upside down, it looks like I can "drop" the governor in the general area, and then "steer" it into place thru the Cam Cover area with a thick wire. I'm currently need to buy a very long set of forceps to assist the "drop". Any thoughts on this? danWI

thanks Frank, but i knew that, im looking for some hubs that will fit the spindle, with like a 5 or 4 bolt pattern. ore are you saing you have to use rims cause theres no hubs that short to fit on the spindles.

Now I'm out of my element (whatever that is) here. I know Don T. used bolted rims on his loader, but not if he used the stock 1" spindles. Seems he just posted a pic of a reinforced spindle. He's not far away, if we ask real nice and his meds have kicked in he'll probably come up with something.
happy.gif

yes thats the hub im looking for, but all the hubs i find dont list how deep they are, the spindle shaft (if i remember right) is 3in thats why im haveing a hrd time finding it. so if you guys have a part # ore a suplier that would set me right up.

Dan B
I have many different sizes of forcepts at work (I work at a hospital) what size are you looking for??

I go back to work thursday and can look then, as I am waiting for your GOV results without a teardown.

Latest posts

Back