• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KENtucky; Thanks for helping with priorities, pics first, modifications later. As for the other crack, well I'll just have to watch my wording from here on.
bash.gif

Ray-
When you remove the oil-cup, and look up into the air-filter still hanging from the engine, you'll see what looks like steel-wool.

That's the stuff you are supposed to clean with solvent. The oil bounces around up in that steel-wool stuff and creates a sponge that collects airborne particles.

So, did you buy an Original???

Art!

Yep. Got an Original that I saw in the weeds. Paid 90 bucks and sold the plow that came with it. BUT, it has a blown engine. So, I gotta 7 h. block from Tedd Ill and am now in the process of rebuilding the engine. Maybe oneday I'll put a 10 h. and have Plow Special Two
animatedihbear.gif
}

So, I don't need to replace the steel wool looking junk. . .

Ray,
You might make sure it doesn't crumble to the touch. If it does, when you run the engine little bits of steel could get sucked into the carb. I guess it depends on how long it's been sitting and if water was in the cup instead of oil.

If it does fall apart, just replace it with some type of metal mesh scouring pad.

Ken...
That reminds me of another patriot with the same tag line...

80111.jpg

That's his motto..

CubCubCubCub

Glen E.,

Glad you survived the crash.

If you can post or email some pics of your command install that would be great. I have also been wanting to do this swap and just picked up my engine this weekend. What did you use for the drive shaft and couplers? I may not get to this for a little bit but I would like to get all of the parts scrounged up so I have them when I am ready.
Thanks, John

Watching a tape of the Nascar Sprint Cup race in California, and I observed an IH Cub Cadet t-shirt in the crowd. Anyone want to admit to being there? Now that the post is on topic.............They have a new camera at ground level they call Gopher cam, and a contest to "Name the Gopher". The current contest leading name is.........you guessed it DIGGER!! Hope their paying Charlie for the use of his Nickname!

are the little rubber peices on the fule line a peice of hose or a ?? I need a couple of them
80125.jpg

whats the baffel for?It came with the carb rebuild kit but nither of the cubs have one
80126.jpg

this is just a picture of some of the parts i got from Charlie quick shipping!!Thanks Charlie
80127.jpg

John U. I made my own driveshaft out of plain old stock. All the other couplers and mounts came from the 782. The drive hub bolts right to the back of the Command. I'll send some pics your way soon.
It looks like they'll prolly total my car. I went and got some stuff out of it today and I shoved the front end into the motor. The wheels are pushed back a bit too.

Jason-
Those little rubber donuts are not just pieces of hose. They're special grommets that you can get at any Cub dealer, a sponsor above, or (as rumor has it) a Navistar dealer.

Glen-
Glad to hear you're OK. Scary stuff!

Man, you guy put a page on me sinced my last visit. 1st, XX8,XX9's look the best.

Jim S, Don T could make an hour trip east from Bethesda, Md to my place for some cold ones on me
beerchug.gif

Gentlemen:

I have an Original and have been searching for sometime for the 901 and 483 paint. I have talked with several of the mfgrs with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Calvin

Well all my hydro lift came in the mail today. My ported pump, control valve, cylinder, tubes & hoses, and brackets & lever off a 149. Looking to install on my 107 were the electric lift was. I'm going to try to install it has if it came from the factory that way.
The pump has had the valves removed. Couldn't I just remove my valves out of the old pump?
Has anyone ever did this kind of mod to a narrow frame cub? Thanks Brandon

Frank - a guy I know in Caribou says he pays $300 a month to the plow guy. That would buy a lot of Cubs!

Art A, Jason...That (Navistar) International Truck & Engine Dealer source for those Fuel Line Sleeves is real. I have purchased them there from local dealer. Just use the 144526-H1 part number found in TC-113 - it's still the same...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Hey Chris; so far this year I'm out almost $700 for plowing and it ain't over yet!!

Frank; rumor has it that Don & Kevin made it to Fitchburg last night. I guess they had a hateful drive. I was looking at the New Brunswick traffic cams this morning. Looks nasty. I'll update the progress of the 125 rescue mission as it unfolds.
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back