• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony C. (Silver Tongue) I have an offer for you. If you can make it to Ames, Iowa (or where Angel and I reside... Colo, Iowa) then I'll not only arrange a tour of the plant where the 15U hydrostatic pumps are made I will also introduce you to the gentleman that used an Original Cub Cadet as the basis to design the prototype hydrostatic garden tractor that IH based its decision to build Hydrostatic garden tractors. And you can see that prototype tractor to boot. So, if you really want an in depth education on hydrostatic propulsion... come on over. (I think you'll like the BIG prototype hydrostatic unit that was being tested back in the 70s to be put in commercial trucks.

Diesel mechanics is okay... hydrostatics is spellbinding.

Ben Corn,

Haven't heard lately how you were progressing on that rebuild of your 10HP --- How is it coming along?

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Kraig,
Naw, I only plow out my driveway, parking spot for the tailer, the 200' of the road in front of my property, and a path out back to the storage shed. Only a couple hours or so of seat time.

Manual Starters??
Does anyone know if and when the orginals went to
the frount mounted manual starters??
One just sold on e-bay and wondered if the engine had been transplanted from a later model( like say a 71 with the coffin plate type on it)Or possibly is this a very rare unit???
Robert

I'm picking up a 149 tomorrow. The hydro doesn't work but the engine runs. I'm planning on putting this engine in my 147. I'm wondering if there are any differences between the K321 in a 149 vs 147 which would cause swapping problems. Oil pan, pto shaft, etc?

Michael M.

Only thing different will be the coil location, but it doesn't matter in this case.

Check out the 149 hydro really well, chances are it's just a simple fix...and it's ported for hyd. lift, so there is an advantage to working thru it's ailments. Wrong hydro filter and/or 90 wt. in the rear end are common, but easy to fix, hydro problems....as are broken drive shaft roll pins.

I couldn't sleep woke up thinking about a new 'invention'. today I had to finish handling the snow on the driveway before the next snow storm. I had to use the pull behind grader on the sleeve since some snow got packed by the truck.

My pull behind sleeve hitch grader can be flipped around for pushing. But pushing in reverse stinks since it reduces traction.

I have an idea to "fix" that. Weld up a harness to fit the sleeve hitch lift arm to the front of the tractor bolted to the front like the mower deck frame. So any sleeve hitch implement could then be plugged into the front. Lifting force would be transfered via a cable like on a wheelhorse. I would run the cable through black gas pipe or conduit.
To reduce strain on the front, I would construct two bars that would push on the middle lift arm.

what do you think?

Ryan: Still hard at it! The 10hp is done can't wait to start it up, with a few minor modifications
whistling.gif
. All the yellow is painted if things work right I will be clear coating the yellow tomorrow night. Bought a HVLP (spray gun) last year and I'll tell you that is the way to go!

Started wet sanding the white and hopefully get all that primed this next week.

I have restored a lot of things but I have enjoyed this Cub the most. The simplicity is amazing but until you truly tear these things apart a person doesn't realize how well built these old tractors are. And that is from a man that has owned them since 1972.

Thanks for asking hopefully soon to get a picture book installed to my web sight.

Ben everybody just calls me Pops

Back