• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mheinlein

displayname
Marlin Heinlein
Any help in Identifying this part? It is 7 13/16" long
Marlin
79981.jpg

Sorry about the wide pictures. I haven't mastered all the picture details yet. Bruce, this is the first electric lift I have owned. I suppose it was on the 147 since new. The ones I have seen on the website have the cylinder in a verticle position. I'll do some investigating as soon as it is warm enough to spend time in the garage. As to favorites, mine would be the first wide frame series. I love the red ones too.

Is the 82 755 24S turbolizer kit only for KT-17/M18 engines with the Walbro carb, or should it also be used with the older style adjustable carbs on the same engines?

I just bought a wide frame sleeve hitch of ebay and i dont know if i have the right lift arm for my 782 I bought the straight arm is that right and were can i get those franken stine bolts

Marlin, looks like an axle from a Peerless trans axle found under 100 and 200 series JD tractors. Years ago when I worked for a Toro Wheel Horse dealer I replaced one in a 210 JD that near as I can tell they were trying to pop wheelies with. The fine splines go into the hub that mounts the wheel.

Hey Gary Lee,
I think I have a wide frame lift arm bar that has a bend at one end of it. I have 3 narrow frame cubs. If that is a narrow frame lift arm bar. I will post pics. But sometimes not able too cause of the size. I will try! Brandon

Thanks Hugh. I looked at mule drive and got the idea from that. But wanted to make sure. Thanks.

ther is a free download called irfran view (i think)you can then make them pics any size you want

Gary Lee - According to the diagram in the Parts Lookup above, the lift arm bar appears to be staight on the 782. Other wide frames appear to use the curved arm. Ror the frankenstein bolts, you can advertise in the Wanted To Buy section of the Classifieds, or contact one of the sponsors at the top of the page.

Hi Guys, My older friend has a 782 with the infamous series I in it. He's looking at replacing it. I know people on here has replaced them with hondas, series II's and M18's but has anyone repowered with a Kohler Command? Out of these repowers which is the best bang for your buck. Also,considering fuel consumption. He mostly uses it for snow throwing and grass cutting.

Rob F.-

I'd have to say the M18 can be the most "cost-effective." I bought a CCC-built 1862 when I was putting my 582 together and needed an engine. I put the engine in the 582 and parted the 1862 and basically got a free engine. There were a LOT of MTD-built Cubs with Magnum 18's and 20's. A forum member by the name of Glen Erickson has a 782 with a Command 18 in it. Hopefully he'll speak up. I think he got an engine for that real cheap by way of a screwed-up 2000 series, but I'll let him tell the story.

just a note, i will be traveling to Bethesda MD 20814 . starting here at b0j1v0 Tuesday morning and back to portage Maine by friday and then home to Nova Scotia Canada. Have a great Cub week. later Don T
Shift.gif

Matt,

The short answer is...if it doesn't lope on idle it doesn't "need" a turbolizer.

Mornin' all. Just wanted to drop a BIG THANKS to Don T. for going to Maryland to rescue my 125. Hopefully we get some snow to test it out in. I'm excited to see what I actually bought. Can't be too bad after all it's a CUB. Safe travels Don T. and a great day to everyone.
groupwave.gif
ihrotate.gif

KENtucky, I got the old Kohler removed from the #1 125 "engine test stand" I don't see any cracks in the frame. Could you mark up this photo where you found cracks in the frame on your 122? I'd like to make sure there are no cracks and if I know where you found them I'll have a closer look on mine. TIA

80015.jpg

I've had a suspicion that a possum was living under my shed, my wife saw one a few weeks ago in the driveway. Saturday when I was working on removing the old Kohler from my # 1 125 I could hear something moving around under the shed so I was more certain that it was a possum. Late Sunday afternoon I saw a possum under the bird feeder that hangs near the shed. So I set out a live trap. I got him. My two cats didn't know what to think of it. The possum died early this morning of an acute case of lead poisoning.
bazooka.gif

Photo in new post above.

Oops, I don't think I reduced that photo of the cats and possum enough. So I deleted it and reposted a smaller version here.
bash.gif

80018.jpg

Kraig - Send dat dar possum carcas ta Luther , he lives in TN ya know ;)

I'll go look again at my 122. If ya remember some years back we had a discussion on NFs cracking.

Kraig Here is a picture of a cracked frame on a quietline. Someone welded it at one time and it cracked again right beside the weld.

80020.jpg

It is a good example also of what happens when you don't have the craddle mod and you lose the engine bolts. This poor cub was used pretty hard by some PO.

Latest posts

Back