Archive through February 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny - I did my 127 at install and no problems since. Of course I don't use it since I bought the new one but it did mow / pull 3 or 4 years without needing attention.

edit: I'll be firing it up tomorrow to move it out of the shop so I can build some shelves and move a lot of stuff ... watch it blow oil out now !

Kraig; We don't do the possum,But we do a few rattlesnakes in the summer.
Ken I'll get that old sandblaster out of your way so you will have more room for cub cadets.

Hey Matt, Finally got around to the site again. Crashed my car[head on] on the black ice on the way home from work last night and spent the evening in the ER. Thanks God for air bags! Anyhoo, Rob F. I took an 18 Command out of a 2185 Cub Cadet and stuck it in my 782. I used the wiring harness from the 2185. The solenoid is on the starter and the battery is under the dash so there is no wiring to the rear of the tractor. I just pulled a long hot lead from the 782 battery forward. I can post or send pics. A real easy swap and bolts right in. I really like my Command and the power it makes. It also sounds way cool too! There are lots of add ons for Commands also. Oil coolers, biggers carbs and the like. Oh, I got mine for $325 and prolly don't have another $100 in it.

Ok "ol pops" moved another 3" of very wet snow this morning. Getting tired but Old Gus just purring along and doing its thing.

Told my crew that I love playing in this stuff but do not bother me for a hour because I am booking a Cruise to get out of here for awhile. Do they have "Cubbies" in the Bahammas?
bubbly.gif

Pops

I was using my 149 yesterday and it quit moving and the blade won't go up and down. Sounds like a spirol pin to me but it was too late to take the tunnel cover off and check. I found the rear pin on the parts look up but not the front pin, by the engine. Any know what size it takes? Probably the same but I thought I would ask.

Steve, it's on the Parts Lookup, it's a 1/4" x 1-1/2" solid dowel pin, P/N: IH-19837-R1. Item #3 in the exploded view.

80093.jpg

Brian,
Thanks for the information on our mystery shaft, Cub Cadet used the peerless rearend also in the 1100 and others but the axle shafts do not appear to be splined on both ends

Sorry for the long delay in our response. But we have been on a road trip (2 882 diesels parts tractors, 1862 parts tractors, 60" Haban mower, new K-301 Kohler and kt 17s both engines are complete in the box and much more.)

Although this may be O/T, it is a Cub, but along the lines of "Tinkerbell"... It seems like a waste of a good Cub.. (and is not a for sale ad by me..)
shhh.gif
}}

http://tinyurl.com/2yzaw8

Did somebody say Possum???
talker.gif

Scott-
At least they used one of those (ugly) double-slant-grill models.

If you're going to screw up a tractor, might as well be one of those!
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back