• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Denny,
It was just a single cylinder type. He has a cavity inside the bed for it to go into.
25926.jpg

25927.jpg

Who owns it? That was really something- I really like his trailer.

Oh yeah; what is all in that custom made rear hitch that it rotates on?

(Message edited by tturner on February 24, 2005)

Tyler, we just went through the who owns it thing a couple days ago.
You found the auction, scroll down to the bottom of the listing and it will show ya.
Randy Maku built it.

Tyler T:
If that Original is like mine, the previous owner used the recoil starter until it broke, then added the starter/generator, regulator and battery. Now I've got to fix the recoil and take the tractor back to its original configuration.

Good carb adjustment instructions

Silly me, asking for some advice on something that the guys who usually post here could do in their sleep, at least that is the opinion I've reached after I see the pictures from the guys who grab an old golf cart and make a front wheel drive mod, or a caterpillar out of one. But if you guys can't do it to perfection, I don't know of anyone else who might. Anyway, here goes.

I have a 782, and recently had the carb rebuilt since it had a habit of draining the whole gas tank into the oil sump. That fixed, it starts a bit better, but runs a bit rough. I've sort of done the things listed in the owner's manual for adjusting the carb, but still doesn't seem right.

Anyone have a sure fire way of tweaking the carb on one of the old Kohler engines in a 782?

Thanks for any hints you can give to keep the old girl running smooth into the next decade.

Dale

Dale R. -

Just checking, but did you download the FREE Kohler service manual for your engine from www.kohlerengines.com ? There's always a section on carb adjustment...

Carb

Bryan Thanks for the link. I'm getting it now.

Screwdriver in hand, I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Tyler,

I got to drive Randy/Pat's articulated dump 1250 at last year's Red Power......very cool machine, and done very professionally. Only thing I would add would be duals all around, it seems a tiny bit unstable on tight turns, etc. and I would bet 8.50 duals all around would make it solid as a rock.

I know I need to
rtfm.gif
. But which one do I need. I want to put a PTO clutch on my second 102, I have what I belive should be all the parts needed, just need the correct manual.
Could someone who know which manual is needed for this please let me know which one it is and recomend where I can purchase it from.
contact E-mail/phone number of place or places.

I think it would be the TC-113 manual, but want to be sure.

(Message edited by lbuttke on February 25, 2005)

Lonnie,
The TC-113 will do ya just fine. I'd go for a service manual while yer gettin.
The sponsors above sell both or you can get them from MTD, your choice.
Man, I could say somethin right about here, but I better not, snicker!!!!

Anybody heard from Ken Updike lately? I sent a few messages his way, but no answers... ???
blush.gif

Hello guys I got some more dumb questions for ya. My buddy has a 128 that my cousin is thinking about buying. He wants to use it for pulling and wants to put in a 14hp. My question is will the 14 from a 1450 fit into a 128 and vise versa. The 12 hp from the 128 runs like a clock and my 14hp needs work. If they could swap it would be more beneficial to both me and my cousin. He gets the 14 and I get a better running engine. I realize some things like the starter are different. Will the parts from these engines interchange to allow the swap to work? Thanks in advance for the help.

Any body out there - heres a quick fix I discovered , if you damage the threads that hold on your steering wheel just hack them off (threads only, not spline) a 1/2"x NC tap will fit in steering shaft and make good theads to bolt on your steering wheel ,I did this to my 682 , maybe this was brought up before?, but it might save somebody from thinking they have to replace steering shaft,
Rob

Chad
motor will swap , not sure if bolt pattern is the same(not a problem any ways).You will need to use fly wheel with ring gear from 14hp to use starter on 12 hp.Also some wiring will be different.
Even if you are just some what handy this will be no problem.Post back with more questions and/or results.
board tonight
lame.gif

Rob

DAVE K. II - Ken's probably a little busy with the IHCC Winter Convention this weekend. He posted a followup comment to Me on the RPM forum a week ago. His Buddy is in charge of the whole winter convention in Madison and I bet He along with Guy Fay got "Recruited" to help. If You need something I'd just call C&G and anyone who answers the phone will be able to fix You right up.

Latest posts

Back