• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill G.,

I agree with Tom H., probably the grass screen rubbing the blower housing. A fairly common noise maker. Can sound about like a spoon in a garbage disposal.

Hello everyone:
I am back with another question.
I have a 129 hydro and last week we got another 5 inches if snow so I was able to go out and play with the blower. What a great way to spend an afternoon.
I have QA42 on the 129 and I was told that that thrower was not original with the 129 but was altered to fit the it. That could be because I do not like the way the chute works.
First thing is that when ever you lift up the thrower it pushes the adjustable extension down and then the snow ends up about 2 feet from the where it started.
This is what I would like to do. I want to build a longer main chute or extend this one to come over the top of the grill and then put on the extension with a control so I could change the hight from the seat of the CC
Any comments or has anyone done this?

Thanks for any ideas
Earl
Burnsville, MN

Can anyone recommend somebody that paints Garden Tractors around the Elgin IL 60123 area. I want to have my 982 SGT repainted. I know most of you guys paint your own stuff. The wife would kill me if I turned the garage into a paint Booth
bash.gif
so I thought I would ask
Thanks Mark

Earl,

That might be the way to go. I have had 2 wide frame Cubs with altered QA42s on them, they will work, but they wont lift straight up like the correct QA-42A unit, so this causes the chute to hit the front grill, this can be a real pain.

Wayne,

Good to see the 149D comming together that is pretty cool, the tractor looks alot different then when it left here.

Mark M. -

Just about any body shop will gladly do it during the winter, which around here is their "down" time.

Hi Everyone...Long time reader, first time poster.. I just got my very first Cub, a 102 in good shape, going to be restored... Quick question... Which were stronger frames, the wide framnes or the narrow frames? I'm just super curious about that! :)

Narrow frames????....You mean IH actually made a narrow frame Cub Cadet????

Must have been a prototype or something.......R&D mule, something......

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wide frame solid mounts were strongest. 70,100,71,102,122 frames like to crack where the engines mount. they crack real bad if you mod your engine at all. there are ways to measure the twist in a frame. calculate that out by the length and you'll find out for yourself which is better. they all suffer from poor drive line alignment.

Just a quick note of thanks to all those who helped getting the two loads of Cub Cadet goodies to me this weekend. <font size="-2">(Kinda' sounds like a Academy Awards speech)</font>

I own 19 narrows frames and have owned prolly 50 or 60 more and I have yet to see a cracked or bent frame, that's my story and I'm stickin to it!
Course I don't pull'um or MOD my engines either. That's a waste of a good tractor IMHO!
Course I've yet to part a perfectly good tractor either, that's another waste and a shame too!

just because you owned them don't say much. you actualy have to work on them, you know , take the engine out and look at them, clean them up a little. as Travis says "I'll part anything" I don't care . narrow frames do have their issues if you use them and they are always more butched than a wide frame because they are hard to access for most people. they find a torch much easier. you don't see wide frames torched apart to get a shifter off or the middle part of the frame blown out to fit a ring gear start in it or the area between the dash and seat all cut out to put a roll pin in. I don't know how many NF's I've had with the bolt on mule drive where the welded in nuts have broken loose or gotten messed up beyond use. front axle pins where the roll pin has shearded and the pin needs to be cut out of the frame. you could probably have a engine out of a 128 before you even get the hood & grill off of a 126.
attachments are easier to put on a WF also. and a solid mount wide frame is much easier to work on than any NF. NF hydro's are the worst.

Speaking of the narrow frame Cub Cadets accesablity problems; what were they thinking about with the points cover, and especially the access panel between your legs?

My vote is for NF. However, that really doesn't mean much because I have only seen pictures of a WF.
bouncy.gif

I wonder if I could take legal action against my parents for never buying me a WF when I was a kid? There are certain staples a boy needs!
bouncy.gif

I ain't gonna waste my time gettin in a pissin match with ya Don, But I've torn everyone down, checked everything out put them back together and I stand by my post! That don't say much either other than I know of what I speak!
Course it may be that I don't buy Cubs in wisconsin either, grin.

Gear vs. Hydro, Synthetic vs. Dino, Truffs vs. Ags........

Looks like tonight we're playin' the wide vs. narrow tune.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Now I'm a Ford man, but Pontiac had one thing right..."Wider is better"
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

(I do own one narrow frame, a 100, but only because I was raised on one....if it wern't for that I'd ship it down the road and find a nice 86 for the Haban)

Back