• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 21, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 and 12 blocks marked 301 on the PTO end are the same. the 14 had its own block. the early 10 hp block without 301 on the PTO end usually can go to a 12 bore. I had one I took to a .090 os 14 bore (3.590). but you do need to take several measurement's down between the cooling fins to make sure the block is thick enough to survive . I've bored a number of 12 blocks to 14 bore's. had 2 pop the jug the 3rd cooling fin down. one was in a puller the other in my snowblower tractor but that one was pretty tricked out to even if it did just blow snow.

Hello all I have a cw36 snowblower for a 70 I bought off of Lew an IH forum member and a great guy too! I see posts saying mule drive and no mule drive? Any help with this? Can't seem to find any helpful hints. Thanks to all.

Ok Josh - I'm gona quite sawing on the tree. It'll die now anyway cause I de-barked it so you better get off that limb. This whole thing started with David's question about whether the decal should (or was) being reproduced. I've never seen them individually or one come up in a kit, but seems to me since there are lots of 147's out there (and Lew keeps finding 127's that wanabe 147's) there is a need for the decal.

On the other hand (or is it a limb?) - lets say you have a 147 and there is no decal on the tin cover. So you pull out the top stick to check the oil level and you discover it's a stubby stick with a V-shaped end and doesn't show any oil. I sure hope you don't go filling it up to the bottom of the stick and then start the engine and blow the top stick out and oil all over the under side of the hood and that nice clean brightly painted tin cover with NO DECAL.

Or the other possibility is you see the cam cover dipstick, pull it out and it shows oil level low so you try to add oil thru the little hole in the cam cover and you spill oil all over the side of the engine and frame and ground, and with all that oil on the ground the Tree Huggers come out of the woods and save you from falling off the limb.
biggrin.gif

Of course the final possibility is you happen to read the manual and you realize the side stick is for checking oil level and the top stick is for filling oil, and you wonder why Kohler did something strange like that. But then again, who reads the manual.
roflol.gif

The truth is I do hope the decals are available.

Hey Charlie - about those IH light switches. I can't seem to recall exactly but seems I recall having some 1x8/9 units or maybe Quiet Line units, with knobs that looked just like those, but the switches had 3 positions - OFF, ON, and OFF again, and some had 4 positions - OFF, All ON, Tail Lights ON, and OFF again. I never looked at the back of the switches because I didn't have a need to, and it was a pain to see inside the dash pedestal. Are there several different versions of the light switch???

Jeff Baker
Thanks, for the input, I put my request on the classified page under wanted, where it should have been in the first place!
Jack

Jack - saw your post in the Classifieds. I think you're right about the spring failure being the primary cause of the mechanical PTO failures. Close 2nd is going to be bearing failure. Some of the failure of the other parts is gonna happen upon disassembly - those dang double nuts are some odd ball size and the Special Screws - well they are Special. Be interested to see if you can come up with some replacement springs.

overhallng a 129 k301 engine are the crank brgs the same, one has a #3308 & other #308, book only list one brg. st-436p will that work for both of them, thanks, Paul

Harry...
You shoulda nodda done that to that tree before researching your statement.Your in troooooouble with the huggers

294635.jpg

Latest posts

Back