• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Question about swapping front axles.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
displayname
RedRiverRick
I have a cub cadet 106 that I am reviving. The steering is very sloppy at the left spindle and arm, and also the pivot pin and axle. I am wondering if the complete front axle and spindles will swap in from a cannibalized model 800 that i picked up.
Thanks in advance for your answers and input.

2 different animals here.
The 800 is a wide frame and that axle will give you a wider stance.
The only similar parts between the 800 and the 106 is the axle pin.
I have a WF axle under my 104.
You will need the complete assembly including the tie rod and drag link.

I would check tie rod ends and pivot pin before going for a swap out. ;)
And don't forget the coiled spring pin in the left spindle arm.

I would check tie rod ends and pivot pin before going for a swap out. ;)
And don't forget the coiled spring pin in the left spindle arm.
On the 106 the pivot pin and axle have some play, front to back. The spindle and steering arm holes are slotted from being loose for so long. The spirol pin was held in with a piece of wire and the tie rod ends are nearly falling apart.
The axle from the 800 is near perfect because the previous owner stopped using it when the starter went bad, then began to cannibalize it for other projects. I got the frame, axle and transaxle free.

You may have to "squeeze" the channel back together to loose the fore and aft play within it.
Check both the front and rear bushings for wear and fit a new pin in place if needed.

Latest posts

Back