• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earl, Charlie needs his arm is tip top condition so he can do this:

52093.jpg

Folks,
A few weeks ago I posted some ??? about the 7 & 8 HP Kohlers. Here is the reason. I am starting on a 7 HP rebuild.
Doing the valves now.
G.L.
52110.jpg

52111.jpg

52112.jpg

Echo....echo..
err.gif

G.L.- Nothing better than the smell of the yellow paint burning off the exhaust elbow the first time you get it warmed up!! Looking good!

GL's crankcase looks like an aluminum casting with a gray iron sleeve. I thought the Cub Cadet Kohlers had all gray iron crankcases.

Optical delusion or what?

Lee

Ok, just got done rebuilding my 8HP Kohler K181.

I'm trying to adjust the governor. I looked in the FAQ and didn't see it.

Right now I'm just putting around in 1st gear low RPM with SAE 30 oil. How long should I run it before I change that oil?

Also, I don't have the Points cover on right now because I am going to change them. I noticed a little crankcase vapor comming from that area. It's cold out so i'm sure just a little will show up.

I installed my breather with the reed facing me as it went on, (this is the way they show it in the manual) where does the crankcase vent to? It seemed like there was no holes or anything in that valve cover to let any pressure out.

Timothy, I don't know much about the govener or breather but I do know that you want to work the engine a little harder you are during break-in or the rings may not seat properly. I'm sure a fellow member can specify the hours and oil change periods during break-in as I can't recall them.

I think there are some new members that I haven't said, "Welcome", to yet.
wave.gif

The BIG Day finally arrived today. The long awaited 782D has found its new home. All the way from Parkersburg, Va. to Colo, Iowa via the Cub Cadet Transportation Network. At almost to the T this morning Hank Will arrived at the time (8:30 a.m.) that he said he would. Angel was going to take a picture of him backing his truck up only forgot to put the batteries in the camera. She quickly went into the house and by the time she came out well...

52130.jpg

52137.jpg

Hank is one Super nice gentleman. Angel and I thoroughly enjoyed his visit.

Latest posts

Back