• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Matthew S.
The CW36 lifts totally different than the BB36.
The BB36 lifts from under and through the frame on an Original,
51992.jpg

The CW36 lifts from the side.
51993.jpg

If memory serves me right, I was thinking that there was a kit that you could use to adapt the BB36 to the Original.
Or was that a deck from an Original to a 70/100? Dang CRS!

Matthew S:

As Charlie and Ken previous stated...the model of snowthrower to fit the Original is BB-36

KEN - IH made SO many running changes to Cubbies among everything else CHILTON couldn't keep up, in fact IH couldn't keep track of most of them!
rofl.gif

CHARLIE - I'm far from an expert on the '61 to '63 Cubbies before the 70/100 but I think the kit Your thinking of is for the mower decks...

Matthew S., the main reason you need a BB36 for the Original is because the Original did not have a built in PTO. The BB36 has a a sort of built in PTO that uses a belt tensioning system. I believe it would be possible to use a CW36 on an Original but you would have to have a PTO clutch on your Original. There was a PTO setup for use on Originals but they are not that common. To add to the confusion there are two versions of the BB36 either will work on an Original, the difference is in the belt tension system. Here is a photo of one of the varients of the belt tension system on a BB36 equipped Original.

51995.jpg

Some of you may remember the pics of the 147 I found in January. Well, I pulled the pan off today and found out why the PO had left it in the yard for years.

52006.jpg

It's not hard to figure what happened. There was only about a half inch of oil in the pan and the rod had been "welded" to the crank pin when it fractured into 4 major chunks.

52007.jpg

52008.jpg

These two chunks came from the bottom of the cylinder wall. It looks like a semicircle about 1 1/4" wide and 3/4" deep came out of the cylinder wall.

52009.jpg

Hard to see the cylinder damage in this pic:

52010.jpg

Question for the Kohler experts. Do you think I can salvage this block with such a chunk of the wall missing?

The bore looks good, but I will need a new crank, rod and piston. Maybe I should just look for another K321 to rebuild.

Well I can finally post a pic of the 72 in all it's glory.
52022.jpg

52023.jpg

Well Charlie did I do alright?

Michael; I bought a 149 3years back that grenaded engine and took chunk out about same size I die grinded edge where chunk was missing and bored and overhauled engine then sold it to neighboor who has used it three summer's now and it's held up great! however you just never know, by the way i did not install balance gears back in it.I'm not sure but you could probably sleeve it have to check with a good machine shop in your area. Jim

Michael M. - My K321 looked quite a bit better that that when I pulled it apart. Really sad to let that happen to a good engine like that. I think James is correct that the piston will live without that bottom portion of the cylinder if You prep. the edge properly. A good shop may be able to grind that crankshaft .010" U/S which would let You run a standard replacement sized rod. If not the forged Kohler rod can be machined to run a bearing insert which also offers .020" & .030" U/S options. The crank throw has been hot, hope it didn't effect the induction hardening of the rod bearing surface. Your machine shop should be able to check that too. And give those GERNADE GEARS a nice display spot on a shelf somewhere.

Lookin' for me?

DSL's been down for 2 weeks, may be down for 2 more depending on how fast Covad gets its act together.

Meanwhile, my site and any that I host are down, e-mail is down, etc. Meanwhile, I have a day job and our store in Long Grove, IL to deal with. Just chill - I'll be back...

Bryan, I have been wondering where you were. Good to hear that you're alright, sorry to hear about your internet connection, withdrawls can't be healthy.
happy.gif

Kraig -

Oddly enough, I look forward to going to the office now
wink.gif

Is there susposed to be a couple more tines on that cultivator I posted? I don't remember. If there are Iprobably still have em' Just look at the pics, I got alot of junk, scratch that, spare parts for things I don't have.

Well then, I should still have them. I know I don't have those things that look like they're bolted together in the middle attached to the frame. Didn't come with mine I guess.

Bryan,
You just want to go to the FRG PO to talk to the short PO clerk there, <u>UNLESS</u> you're into ZZ Top kinda' guys!

Back