• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 16, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwiater

displayname
Jack Wiater
Brake spring update...My 1450 has the short spring. My neighbor was at the hardware store so I measured it up and sent him a photo on his smart phone. He's on the way back with a replacement. In the mean time, I cleaned up and lubed the linkage. Things seem a bit worn and a tad sloppy. I have to do the cork hydro seal this summer so that would be the time to refurbish the worn linkage. Since I moved to this house, I have dedicated this Cub to snow plowing only. So Summer will be a great time to tie up my side of the garage and get this tractor serviced, which means allot of posting I'm sure on this site. Thanks for the help. I'll post up some photos when I get back up and running
Jack

Jack W.,
happy.gif

Dan M., well, none really. There was never an actual implement made for use with it. It rotated the wrong way and it rotates at 515 RPM rather than 540 RPM. Most that I've heard of and seen have used the rear PTO to run elevators, as in a hay elevator. A farmer I worked for back in the late 1970's used his Cub Cadet model 72 to run this elevator, photo below. He moved the PTO shaft to the other side of the elevator so it would run the correct direction.

294396.jpg

Ok I finally got my snow blowing video to load. I put it in the sand Box so Charlie won`t be pissed and poof me lol. Enjoy watching the video guys, because I did making it . No more cold snow down my neck blowing snow.

1AA_dance2.gif

Jack W. Sweet!!! Good thing that you have the short spring. The long spring is one hard cookie to install.

Dan M. Like Kraig stated. None. So be creative and make something for yours. A rear pto driven shredder would be a start. My biggest hold back is steel costs so much and no heated shop in the winter. When it gets too warm in the summer I can't be out in the sun too long due to the medications I'm on. (sometimes getting older has drawbacks.)

CC Gear drive with rear PTO could use a right angle gear box with Flat belt pulley to drive a sheller or other similar type implement.

Paul, That setup may even get you a gig/job powering the ice cream freezer at Forest City, IA Heritage Park show in Sept!!

They usually do it with 1/4 scale steam power.

Kraig&Marlin,
You confirmed my thoughts as I have only seen the pto and nothing ever connected.Seems like that would have been a place for design of a rear rototiller vs the long $100 dollar belt.

The Hawk Bilt Groundsaw required the rear PTO to move it forward. To use the Groundsaw the operator has to lock the clutch pedal down and engage the PTO. There's a hydraulic motor that rotates the rear PTO and drives the Cub Cadet forward through the transmission.

Remember that the rear PTO isn't "live", rather it runs with the tractor clutch. In practice, these are a real PITA to use and usefulness is very limited.......not a good place to drive a tiller, or many other "could be" implements.......

Ideal for stationary work (auger, elevator, ice cream maker, burr mill, etc.)

David, you are correct about it being hard on the throw out bearing. A fellow I know used a creeper to get a neutral on his groundsaw without locking the clutch pedal down and I plan to eventually do the same thing.

Can someone tell me how to attach the spring latch on the front attachment assembly on a cub cadet 108?
thanks

Rich, It's spring loaded, the pins on your blade or whatever just snap back into the jaws.

You may have to pull down on the cross lock lever in front though if the jaws are gummed or rusted up. Try some WD or other lube to free them up

If the springs, 1 on each side, are rusted tight or missing, they are still available. If they are missing you can tie the lock lever up w/a bungy or heavy plastic tie or wire.

Thanks David, I have on order new springs but I'm unsure of the way they install on the bar. Maybe it will be self explanatory when the new springs arrive. These are the curved type springs and I guess they somehow fit into the area where the attachment fits.
Richard

Richard, here's what the springs for the QA hooks look like and where they go. The one in the top photo of course has just been hot glued to the outside to show how they are positioned inside the mechanism. The second photo shows how they go in. You'll have to remove the QA release lever to replace them.

294447.jpg

294448.jpg

Kraig, Thanks so much for the photo I wouldn't have figured it out.
Richard

Here's what I run with my Cub Cadet 100 with rear pto, and Creeper gear.
294453.jpg

Latest posts

Back