Archive through February 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucas, it sounds like you are missing a C clip.
What was the last thing you did with this tractor?

I just bought it 3 days ago and drove around some
and that was it then I decided to change trans oil once I filled it up it started leeking out of the axel.

When you changed the oil did you pull the rear cover off to drain it?

Your gonna have to pull the rear cover find the C clip or find out what went wrong.

Let us know what you find, you got me curious now.

Ive read the manaul and may be missing it but is there a simple way to refill the hydro with out removing the seat pan? I know to fill untill it comes out the level plug

Jeff B.
You fill it through the same hole you check it with.
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie, Are you getting my answers to the emails you sent
1a_scratchhead.gif

I HAVE A 126 AND IM WONDERING WHAT MODEL SNOW THROWERS FIT IT SO I KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR THANKS

Well i look out side this am and see about 8 to 12" of white fluffy snow here. I will have some seat time here this morning. Now would be a good time to have that 450 snow blower here but a 42" blade will have to do.I will have to get the 54" blade ready with power angle for next winter.The sub frame is from a 1862 and will not work on my tractor because the 1862 frame looks to be about 2" to low for the 149.seat time for me.. Later Don T
old.gif

Donald--- just send that snow this way! We have a stupid weather man this year.

Lucas, the C clip that holds the axle in place can come off, just ask Art, he had one come off on his Original at a Plow Day right after he refurbished it.
blush.gif
If when you remove the rear cover to check on things you find the C clip intact, I would not reuse it, it's likely bent oversize and would just come off again. I posted pages from the service manual yesterday for you, not sure if you saw them, they are already archived, so click on the archived page links above.

Thats what i thought Charlie I was hopping there might be a easier way to fill, I dont have a flexable spout funnel at home

Would someone help me decypher(sp) this serial number. I have looked and can't find how to break down the first part. I know it's an early one because they started with 400001.

185609.jpg

I know I should know by now but I've been busy going crazy on other parts of this tractor.

Thanks to any and all...Wayne

Wayne s the first part 2050047u is the model number the second part is the serial number which shows nov of 1971 as build month hope this is what your looking for.

Latest posts

Back