• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PSA-
With all the new snow some of us got this past week be careful with your kids digging snow caves. Two local " boys " (17 and 18) had dug a snow cave Tues. in a church parking lot before the big storm. They went back Wed. during the storm (no school) and were in the cave when they plowed the parking lot at 2:00. The parents reported them missing at 6:00 - the police/fire/rescue found them just after 8:00. They were buried under 16' of snow for over 6 hours only able to move there heads. Some how they weren't crushed, they didn't suffocate, and they didn't succumb to the cold. They were able to walk with assistence to the rescue units and spent the night in the hospital for observation. Talk about being lucky!!!

Back on topic - the 127 fired right up after sitting since last winter and ran like a champ
bouncy.gif

Thanks guys; Put it to a test using elect. lift on the 147 and very good so far. Only dropped static volts of .08 .

Kentucky, no I have hotmail. I've tried doing some cleaning, but nothing happened. Soon I'm going to copy all my important stuff and cancell the account. Found a 1X8/9 series yesterday and am going to wait till the spring warms things up to ask. Sitting in the front yard, driveway snow plowed over it. Looks like good pickins! Got my friends trailer wired, lighted, and plated. We're ready now for a trip, just got to get the 150 ready.

Help!!!

here's where I show what a dork I can be... The battery on my cub cadet, a 128, was dead so I hooked it up to jump it off, but I hooked it up backwards. There was a spark, and when I tried to hook it up right, nothing happened. I replaced the battery because after that it showed NO juice, but the engine won't even turn over.

Anybody got suggestions for what I may need to replace to get my belove cub running again?"

Thanks in advance, Rich

Richard - I just gotta do this to ya ;)
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Personal Quote: "If you're gonna be Dumb, You better be Tough!"<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
I can't say that I've never done that but I never had any ill effects. Just go over all the connections and it's possible the condensor may have popped since it could have been holding a charge. I'm not for sure if it would have got the S/G or not.

There are 3 major electrical components you might have cooked. There is the Voltage Regulator, the Starter Generator, and the Starter Solenoid, but the first thing I should check is to make sure you have a good ground. I would check where the negative battery cable bolts to the frame, where the case of the S/G mounts to the engine, and where the engine mounts to the frame. This may have been the problem to start with!

Assuming you have continuity there, you can check the starter by "hot wiring" the positive battery cable to the "A" terminal of the S/G. If the starter turns, then you have a problem with the Starter Solenoid, Ignition Switch, or maybe one of the safety switches. You should hear the Starter Solenoid click when you turn the key to the start position. For more complete troubleshooting information, this link will point you to a complete wiring diagram for your tractor.
http://www.cubfaq.com/wiringdiagrams.html

Richard R:

First, welcome to the forum
51888.jpg

I have studied the Wiring Diagram for your series. I would suggest the following first.

With the new battery and a fresh charge, jumper across the two major terminals of the Starter Solenoid (ie: big screwdriver) to see if it rolls over.
(B) If it does, then I would check this solenoid out with a DVM.

I have a Farmall H that runs a positive ground. I can't see where that much damage would occur. The S/G would just run backwards.

The two areas that possibly might have ill effect, would be the V/R and/or the Solenoid. Even if the V/R was bad, the tractor should roll over. It may not charge or over charge, but it should roll over & start.

Try that and let us know.

Richard R.
Also check the ground where it bolts to the frame. Seems crappy grounds tend to cut loose after being juiced.
You might also check and see if someone at some point in time has installed a fuse somwhere, just a thought.

hi all has anyone used trans-tune by sea foam to clean out the hydro? just wondering. chris

Lots of snow this past week. 10+ inches on Tuesday followed up with another 3 on Friday night. Did some clean-up today and posed my lone cub for some shots. I'd like to acquire another 1-2 more cubs for back-up.
baldguy.gif

51894.jpg

51895.jpg

51896.jpg

51897.jpg

Finally got to do some cubbing this weekend, went to a local auction yesterday and had a friend that I haven't seen in sometime come up to me and ask if I was still collecting Cubs. Hello?? I only have a herd of 9!! Said "yeah" and then he proceeded to tell me that he had a 149 and a qa42a that he wanted to sell because he didn't use them and the only thing wrong with the tractor was that the pto clutch needs some TLC. Went and brought it home today and the daughter claims the 149 as HER tractor!!
angry.gif
Guess maybe if she wants to claim it as hers she could fix the PTO
err.gif
. Turns out my friend's wifes grandparents bought the tractor and snowthrower new and gave it to them so guess I'm the third owner of it and it will get a refurb sometime.

Hugh- Your little helper might learn some new words if the set screws are rounded out on the PTO clutch!!

Well, I FINALLY got about an inch or two of the fluff, so here go's...
51922.jpg

51923.jpg

51924.jpg

Oh yeah, and as always, Great pics Mike, but I wonder, what took off that chunk of your decal on the dash on the right side?? and your cub looks great too, (I've seen the before and after at your associatedair.com site before...)

Latest posts

Back