• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
Wish I'd had a cab this week - I've had the flu since Monday - went out Wednesday and cleaned - got really cold. Gonna check out for tonight - see if I can get some sleep.

Kentuck, Please send me info on the blade. My idea was going to be a "hybrid" of a cat. 0 three point and the cubs three point. I have it drawn but don't have access to a scanner to input into computer. I'm not in any rush cause A) Charlie is still in ownership of the 1200, B) it's cold out and I don't have a garage to work in. I Commandeer my buddies garage every once in a while but he's not liking the idea of me doing it anymore, it's filled up with pinball machines. He's a good welder tho, has had him do alot for me and this'll be another one of those projects. Oooops! alittle of topic but not completely off the map:)

This is probaly a stuipd question but are cabs for the nf all that hard to find? Obviously there hander than hell but can a guy ever hope to find one these days?
dunno.gif

Earl - pics in the Machine Shop. Is your email working now?

No it's not and I'm gonna through this thing across the room! I'll probably be getting a new email soon somewhere else. That'll be a big pain!!!
destroy.gif
bazooka.gif

Hotmail sucks. Hope I'll be doing some huntin today and bring home a prise! Tractor that is.

Brian B.: Mine actually was for a narrow frame but i had to change some stuff to make it fit. I wouldn't say there harder to find, its just all about luck really.

Earl - if you're using Netscape email and don't delete files it'll get full and lock up..BTDT

Terrence - YEP! You're in the wrong place with that ad. Why mention it here THEN say you'll post it in the classifieds if there's any interest ?

First; Thank all of you for the advise and hard work you put into this forum. I have a Question about Batteries. A friend gave me a Enersys np33-12 sealed lead acid battery, which starts my NF tractors much better in cold weather than the reg.Hd lawn and garden Battery. Same size but much heavier. WEbsite doesn't give cca for this, so must be multi purpose battery. Is it ok to use a sealed battery in the nf Tractors with Regulator and Gererator? http://www.portablepower.com/items/search/all/1/all/36L108S7

Howdy to All. We are caught up in our cell so no long hours. Lots of cold/flu bugs of different flavors going around though. Angel & I seem to be catching a couple of the exotic ones though.

Hank will be loading up the 782D today if all goes well. He said that he should be in Iowa either late Tuesday or early Wednesday morning of next week. The weather should be in the 40s by then.

It is too dang windy out this morning to get the 125 and blade out to move the drifted snow. We only received around an inch and may get another inch tonight.

As for cabs being available for NF Cub Cadets. I love the one on the MF10 with snowblower on it. I gotta get over to visit with a fella that has a Cozy cab painted up in JD green colors. If' he'll part with it and it doesn't take much to make it work then I'll see about mounting a cab on the 127. Cabs sure make for more comfort during snow removal.

For those that haven't seen a picture of the 782D to be ariving next week.
51848.jpg

Luther:
I took a look at the specs- the only thing I'd be concerned about is too high a charge rate on a sealed battery - If I remember right they have protection (blowout seal of some kind). The specs say the maximum charge rate for that battery is ".25C", where I interpret "C" to be maximum recommended discharge rate (150 amps - which would last for about 13.6 minutes -maybe). So .25 of 150 would be 37.5 amp maximum charge rate. I think a Delco SG maxes out at a little less than 30 amps and the usual charge rate is a whole lot less than that. You'd probably only see the high charge rate right after starting the tractor, which is normal. The longer it takes to start, the longer that initial recharge, but mine usually settles down in under a couple of minutes. I'd use it and just watch the charge rate. If you have a digital VOM, it's helpful to check static battery voltage (engine off) every once in a while. If you see the voltage starting to drop off over time(like 12, then 11.5, then 11), you've got a problem with the battery or the charging system

Kendell; Thank you. I will watch for a while and see what hapens.

Kendell:

All the Starter/Generators that Cub Cadet used, had a rated output of 15 Amps.

thumbsup.gif

Luther:
Roland is right. In my "minds eye" I could see the ammeter on my 129 with +15 and +30 amp marks. I just walked out and looked at it. It has "+|" and "+|" on the ammeter face (must be 7 1/2 and 15 amps). I must have been thinking of one of my old Stewart Warner ammeters. So with a maximum of around 15 amps charge rate you'd be even safer.. (my "minds eye" needs new glasses)
51852.jpg

Began 1A tiller intall on 1650. Can someone please explain how the belt guide underneath the tractor is supposed to work (see pic below)? Also there are 2 belts listed in the parts lookup. Which one would I need?
51855.jpg

Temperatures are up into the upper 30's this afternoon, and I was able to get the 102 started and out of its icy vise. The fuel bowl had gasoline in it, but there was ice down in the elbow going into the carburetor. Some warm hands and warm sun for a while got things moving again, and it managed to push away some some of the ice blocking my back sidewalk and beween the driveway and the back sidewalk. Looks like the front of the house will have to wait for some serious warming, but the back entrance is my primary entry point anyway.

Speaking of electrical systems, the ampmeter on my 104 dances all over the place. At lower rpm's, it's steadier than at higher rpms. Any reason why it does that? I replaced the starter generator last summer.
Thanks

Kevin:
Hey - another Michigander!!
Maybe the 'lectrons got happy feet?
If the SG is new and the battery is good, start by checking and cleaning all connections (remember that the sheet metal is used for the ground path from the battery area to the front). Possibly the regulator contacts need dressing - I've used a relay point burnishing tool on the contacts the only time I had that problem - make sure you disconnect the battery first if you start working around the regulator. I use an electrical contact grease under all fastened connections to keep corrosion down after I've cleaned stuff..

Myron,
Will the manual explain how that belt guide is supposed to work? Doesn't look like the guide affects the belt whatsoever unless the belt happens to bounce up and hit it.

Back