• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhillegass

displayname
Jerry Hillegass
whistling.gif

Digger,

Yes, I think I could use the measurements. It looks like the seat area of the bracket is slightly angled. Is that right? Guess I need to check the top deck surface to see if it's sloped some.
Thanks

Everyone is getting snow except for here. I can't wait to drive home tonight after class. Should be a nice icy drive down all the roads thanks to it raining all day
bash.gif

Hey Kevin,
Don't b
censored.gif
h! You should have been out in it all day. Rain, snow, sleet, hail, thuinder, lightning, and c*o*l*d. It sucked to me today.

Howdy again,,,
Does anyone know how to contact Dan Hoefler regarding tech questions on his conversion to a crawler... Does he exist ? if not why is his photo shoot on this web site...

Regards,

Ray Roth in Idaho

Ray R,
I've sent you TWO emails and even replied to the one you sent me!
Check your spam folder or somethin.

Does this look like a guy that doesn't exist?

34005.jpg

I have 2 push blades. One for each 147 that I have. The first push blade came with item #9. Someone must have needed some flat stock because they cut the arms off just behind the square plate. Item #9 is now laying under my bench as I made a new quick disconnect style for that blade. The believe the second blade I have came with item #15. Both my 147's were made in 1970. I guess that means I need item #22 I came to the conclusion that I have item #15 because it doesn't fit on my 147.

Is the width of item #15 different that item #22? Not the width of the hangers but the width of the main base. What about the length of the arms? Is the only difference the hangers?

Thanks,

34008.gif

Ok, Guys... Sorry if I have caused anyone some difficulty... Something must be wrong cause I am not getting email responses from you guys... Please send info to [email protected]
I still would like to get in touch with Dan to discuss his crawler.
Regards,
Ray

AAAAAAAHHHHHH.......Nothing like the sound of a V-Rod powered Cub Cadet snowblower in the morning............
buttrock.gif

Ray, I sent a reply to your email yesterday at 7.55am.

Terry, the #15 subframe should be the same width as the #22 subframe. You should (I think) be able to bolt the #15 subframe on with 2 item #19 hangers. The #15 subframe was designed to use the mower deck mule drive as a mounting point if one did not have a mower deck mule drive they could use two #19 hangers to mount it. The #22 subframe has inward facing studs that engage the Quick Attach ears. Clear as mud eh?
happy.gif

34014.jpg

34015.jpg

KEN - A straight-piped Farmall didn't sound too bad last night either. I gotta get something with a cab with Heat & A/C.... Getting pelted in the face with sleet during a 20-30 mph wind at 20 degrees is NOT My idea of fun.

Denny, before I got the 125 with the windbreaker cab I used to wear my snowmobiling outfit including the full face helmet.

Denny F......Factory cabs with A/C and heat will soon be availible on the DX FARMALL......or a Cub Cadet compact.....

KEN - A DX around 35-40 HP, FWA, gear drive, not a Hydro.... Front end loader.... 60" rear finish mower deck.... I don't suppose I could trade even-up for all 4 of My Cubbies Plus the Super H.... What I'd really like to find is a red IH naugahyde wind breaker for the SH.... but the last time they were discussed on RPM they were bringing Hundreds of $$$$$ used....

Denny......Seeing that most of us consider our Cub Cadets "priceless", HOW could you even consider trading them off for a new DX FARMALL?? We know you would pay CASH for an outright purchase instead anyways.....

Here are the $$$
Tractor.....$ 15,364 Loader....$ 2995 Mower.....$ 2260

Gas

As more of the pumps are required by our legislators to pump 10% ethanol, I'm wondering about our Kohler's and other engines in our Cubs. The reason I was thinking about this is that I have a Aeronca Champ (airplane) that is certified for unleaded gas. But the certification specifically excludes any ethanol, since it can dissolve certain sealants, cork float coverings (not on my plane, but on Piper Cubs' gas tanks) and so on. When I was looking at the state information, they said that the highest octane rated gas may continue to be ethanol free, for "small engines, lawn mowers and other non-ethanol applications."

For the airplane, nothing gets your attention as to have the engine stop and therefore have the propeller cease to pull you forward. But I've not thought about the other engines I routinely dump ethanol into. Is there a problem using that fuel in our Cub Cadet Engines?

Finally got to mess with the white stuff a little yesterday and today!
With the high winds we had, I'm lovin that cab!
Also figured out that if I run about 1/2 throttle with the 149, the gas tank will stay full for about 3 hours instead of the one hour crap, like last time we had snow.
34021.jpg

34022.jpg

34023.jpg

34024.jpg

34025.jpg

34026.jpg

Even the original and the 102 fired up with 8 below temps this morning.
34027.jpg

KEN - Thanks for the prices..... I guess to make the trade I'd have to UP the Ante a bit..... All four Cubbies, the old Farmall,,, SON, Maybe The Wife.... But I'm not trading My Powerstroke....

Latest posts

Back