• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
William H,
Nevermind! I see the same question was answered on the registry. I'll just poof mine.

(Message edited by cproctor on February 18, 2006)

Rick M.
GORGEOUS! You said GORGEOUS!
Did ya kick yer hip out to the side and let yer wrist go limp when you said that!
clappy.gif

Thanks anyway Digger, sometimes you just throw those questions out there and see what everbody comes up with.

Hi all,
I had a few things follow me home today too. Got a 108 in great shape, an IH tow behind sweeper and an IH plow. He also threw in a speader, cart,chains, homemade rear weight and manuals for the tractor and implements. He seemed real happy when I gave him his $100 asking price. Pics at http://public.fotki.com/SmithFarms/cub_cadet/108/

Wayne

double dang!!!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Dave B..
no prob... I was thinkin' tho... (scary) an auto transmission shift cable out of a car like an aerostar for example, would work also...

Hey Tom H my wifes cousin picked an 1100 up (not cadet) last year from the place he used to work ,got it for $100. but it had been rolled and the steering col. was toast . had a rough time finding parts for it . if you need anything try west kentucky tractor .
He asked me to fix it for him and get it running ,I was kinda hoping he didn`t want it and I could put some 782 tin on it . only thing is the 2 cyl. is kinda rough compared to a kubota

Gotta farming friend that is looking at purchasing a 5488. I'm well experianced in driving the 86 series but never an 88. Do any of you guys know anything about these. I was told once along time ago that you have to watch out when buying an 88 series. Towards the end they were sticking an part into them that would work. Was there a serial # break? Please email me privately. [email protected]

Thanks!

Charlie -

And I said it with a lithp too you thweet fella!
biggrin.gif

I say the same thing about a lot of the Cubs too.

Wayne Nice cubbin day ... Also wondering if the amp gauge was an option on the 70/100 if so where did it mount TIA Rob

I didn't like the way my cabs doors opened. They worked like a shower curtain. It was hard to open them and it is somewhat clumsy. I decided to install a few extra bars and some hinges. Now they open like doors. If I don't like the way they work I can always take off the bars and put it back. Next spring when I take the cab off I'll paint the bars federal yellow. I think I'll also paint the whole cab and do some body work too.
Old way
34070.jpg

34071.jpg

Hinged
34072.jpg

34073.jpg

I have seen pictures of canvas doors that open like this. Was that an option or were those doors modified?

Lets see, yesterday am it was 10 below zero, just now breaking 10 above. Just setting here watching PD and tractor show videos. DAMN I wish is was spring!!

Tom- If it will make you feel better, I planted my onions last week! Another month or two, you guys up north should be able to do the same!!
thumbsup.gif

Hi All.

Terry B.- I'm not sure about Cub branded cabs, but ones for "green" tractors switched from the sliding door to a rear hinged type door in the mid to later 70's. I have an earlier cab and like you said, the sliding door can be a big pain to use, plus the fact the vinyl doesn't bend near as easy when it is cold out.

Kent

Rob D. -

It belongs right here:

34078.jpg

Jim S. -

We have a "bigger brothers" topic for questions about larger <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> tractors.

Thanks Bryan

(Message edited by rdehli on February 19, 2006)

Rob D. -

NP. Here's a side shot...

34083.jpg

Latest posts

Back