• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfreeman

displayname
Ken Freeman
I went to mount up my new (to me) wheel weights and chains. The mounting bolts for the weights are about 1" too short. The chains are too small as well. They are marked as 8 - 12 IIRC. My tires are 23x10.5x12. I am guessing that the weight and chains were mounted on 23x8.5x12's on the original IH 1000 tractor. Does this make since? Will the chains fit 23x8.5x12's?
1a_scratchhead.gif

If this is true, I have two choices. One, buy or trade for the right size chains. Or, two, find a set of 23x8.5x12 tires and wheels and mount up the chains and wheel weights. This would give me a winter and a summer set up for the tires. I assume I can mount the winter wheels on the tractor with the weights and chains on them. Does anybody see any pros or cons to either of the choices?
1a_scratchhead.gif

If it matters, I mow grass in the summer, and hope to push or throw snow in the winter, but no plowing or ag work. The yard is level and the driveway/street is paved.

Hmmmm... Sitting here trying to calculate things.
1a_scratchhead.gif
Let's see... 13 days left in February + 31 days for March + 4 days in April = 48 Days until Spring Plow Day!!!

Disclaimer time: IF it rains then it is 13 days left in February, + 31 for March, + 18 days in April = 62 days. As soon as things start to warm up again I am getting out the plows and starting to shine them up. Anyone have any pics of plowing (dirt.. not snow) they'd like to share?

Looking for help. Does anyone know or have any info on a IH 328 walk behind snow thrower? I am looking at one, but would like to learn more before I do.

Cant find much on the web about them.

Thanks

Finally getting that 104 on tuesday. Here are some things that it needs, a new hood, somewhere along the line someone had cut a hole in the hood to be able to fill the gas tank without having to open the hood. It also needs a steering arm and needs the steering assembly "put back into place". Also needs a front pto as well as the grill insert, 4 new tires and am not sure of what else till I get the thing home and torn down. I have some pics I will post here in a bit due to the fact that I'm here at work and have to deal with the "kids" on the crew I'm supervising. It has a cab on it that I have decided to get rid of because I dont really care for it and its rusty from sitting out for who knows how long.

I installed the updated hydro line kit my 147. Just tried to install the frame mounted line guard, it hits on the fitting and sits about 3/4" to far forward. When I installed the lines kit I was careful not to preload the lines, but now think I need to bend them a little. Has anyone else run into this? Thanks,

Scott, neat find. Hope you can get it fixed up without too much $$$$.
P.S. dont trash that cab...I'm sure someone out there will want it, whatever condition.

Allan, I was planning on selling it in the classifieds. I have found 2 or 3 more when I was off of work I need to follow up on. Having all that time off from my surgery gave me time to go "Cub huntin'". Im not sure hoe the wife will feel when I tell her about those ones!!!!

KEN - You have two options: Get a pair of wheels & tires with 23-8.50 X 12 tires for Your weights & chains or get a set of 1" longer bolts and splice a link or two of chain into each cross chain.

Yes, there are different sizes of chains, a size of chain can fit several different sizes of tires as long as the width & OD is close. If one dimension is out they won't work.

Scott Looks the the PO of that 104 had a hard time deciding how to mount the rear tires.

Richard, Maybe the guy worked for/operated a Carerpiller tractor. Ya know, one side goes forward and the other side goes backward and ergo, you turn left or right !
whistling.gif

Oh come on ---- Art was helping with the tires!
Yes Art, you can throw things. I'll duck for a bit

Scott: "Cubcadetitis" I read that to Jeanne and she said that I've got it, too. Then I read her the prognosis. She said "OMG, my life is ruined". Glad to hear/see you're getting back to "normal".
f16.gif

Frank, I am unsure if normal could be used to describe me!!! LOL
clappy.gif

Howdy,, I'm a newbie here.. I picked up an Cub Cadet Model 70 a while back. Nice little machine. Works like a champ!!! But I need a good seat. When I bought it, it had some hidious high back on it.. I want something that resembles the original, but does not have to be an original. What do you recomend. Oh, I have been going over the S/N and I think it must be a 1963,, Does that sound correct??? I tried to upload a picture but cant... Thanks!!

Daniel Z - Check out the FAQs above, #19 will help you out.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Hey guys I just looked up my Serial # on my (CCO)the # is 31426 am i right in thinking this is a 1962?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Since I have just lost my job maybe now i'll have more seat time on it.

Morning all
I have a odd question im putting my 1450 back to gather and it wont start but heres the catch I was reading the trouble shoots and found out it will start hard if not in neutral so I pulled the drive shaft of the engine and it fires right up so I adjusted the hydro back to neutral and it still wouldn’t start it turns over hard so I pulled the pin closes to the rear-end so the pump wouldn’t spin and still no start cranks hard but if I pull it off the motor it will fire right up does anybody have an idea what to do and you can wiggle the drive shaft when its all hooked up so to me it shouldn’t be binding i wouldn’t think any help ore thought would be great thanks Darren

Latest posts

Back