• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denny, you DO know someone with the equipment to do that repair, he lives a little north of you. Here's a hint, he has a slot car race track in his basement.
happy.gif

Glen S., you spotted one of the items I was looking for.
thumbsup.gif

Kendell, I believe the lift handle is forward. His hands sure must be cold!

Lonny, excellent eye! I hadn't noticed that and it really shows up in this second photo.

The second thing I was referring to is that the seat support is like the older 1x2/3 style. The 1x4/5 series has a block off plate front and rear to make it into a tool box, this tractor does not have those. Here's another view of the same tractor. This explains why there is no PTO handle on the other side. I believe this is a prototype of what eventually ended up on the 1x6/7 series and 1x8/9.

51783.jpg

Jeff B.,

As was said, the steering wheel column comes out from underneath....which is easier done by tipping your tractor up on it's tail (not straight vertical, but enough); with the rear wheels still on the ground and the front end hoisted up! I'd suggest you first remove the gas tank & drain the motor oil, and be aware of the vents on your gearboxes for seeping lube out...but this is still an easier way then jacking the entire tractor 4 or more feet off the ground! Once you've got it up, block the rear wheels so it doesn't want to "crawl around" on ya.

Good Luck!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

KRAIG - I really gotta get back up to Visit him.... Son & I talked to Him at the Red Power Round-up three-four years ago at Penfield and got invited up to see his Giddings & Lewis boring mill.....I worked for G&L for a couple years. I've got a "Spare rearend" from a 123 that Dad bought that had been used at FARMALL for many years...."Rode VERY Hard and put away wet" for many years but the rearend is still sound. It's going to donate it's axle carriers & axles if necessary to make My 72 a more "Correct #104" with the needle bearing axle carriers. Darned plain bushings only lasted thirty-nine years.... Like Kentucky Ken says.... These danged old Cub Cadets just don't hold up!
lol.gif

Charlie, Cub Gallows? What did that poor Cub do to deserve a hanging?
dunno.gif

Mcgiver, OK, you got my attention. Last time you showed up at a plow day a compact utility Cub Cadet showed up! Have any surprises planned this time?
bouncy.gif

Charlie, Ah! that explains it!
lazerburn.gif

Latest posts

Back