• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KENtucky, hmmm, that's a QA42 and is quite a bit out from the front tires, it appears to me that the snow has collapsed behind the auger housing leaving an uneven edge instead of a nice cut edge. But that not what I was referring to, it's details about the actual tractor.

Jim E., if it ever warms up around here I'm going to have to give that S/G pulley removal trick of yours on that S/G of mine that has the stuck pulley. It's been setting in the shed for several years now. It needs to come off so I can replace the bearings.

Question on bar tread tires: I'm setting a 82 series tractor up for plowing. Would a 8.50 tire track better in the plow furrow than a 10.50 size tire, or does it matter much? I have 8.50 on my original and works fine. I havent ordered tires yet. just wondoring while its COLD here looking outside.... Thanks for any info/ comments.

Jeff S.
Most say that the 8.50's do better in the smaller furrows our plows produce. But I've never had a problem with 10.50's.
51751.jpg

And I'm looking forward to seeing what the 26x12's do.
51752.jpg

Thank you for the comments/pictures. I'll do some field testing with both then!!! I have 10:50 turf tires that I can try and get an idea which way to go. Jeff

JEFF - I have Firestone 23-8.50's on My 72 I normally plow with and I plowed once with the 26-12.00's on My 982 with Carlisle lugs before I put Firestones on it too. The extra width didn't cause any problems and the added height of the 26-12.00's helped keep the rearend from hanging up. Even with full size tractors We used to normally run 15.5" & 18.4" wide tires all the time in 14" wide furrows. The tire makes a small depression on the closest edge of the freshly plowed ground but the furrow Your turning pretty well covers it up.

I've made a little more progress on my restoration of CCO 4861.
The rear axles were scored pretty bad because the PO continued using the tractor after the bronze bushings had disintegrated.

Before
51758.jpg

I have a friend who owns a thermal coating shop and he was nice enough to grind down the bad spots and recoat with tungsten carbide.

After
51759.jpg

Good to go for another 46 years!

Charlie and Dennis: Thank you for your responses! Looking forward to plowing this spring and attending plow day!
happy.gif

I'm trying to locate a picture I once saw on this forum (I think) of a Cub Cadet pulling a train made of trailers with plastic barrels on them. The barrels were lying on their sides with the upper side cut out for kids to sit in. Does anyone recall seeing this?

Thanks,
Randy

KENtuck,
I thought you would have said GD (for greene dealer). You know like you posted the other day.
Can't seem to remember what the subject was though.

Still too cold to work on the 102, but it does look like there is gas, rather than solid ice in the settling bowl. Made a half-hearted attempt to start it, but the choke cable is frozen. 17 degrees here at 5:30pm.

On the 129, I had just enough battery to start it in order to move it where I could work on the wheel. Discovered a 3/8 lockwasher would provide enough space for the wheel to work properly, but the battery didn't have enough oomph to start it a second time. The throttle cable is stuck on that one. Got the trickle charger on it, since I could stand to bust some drifts with the blower, as a result of the snow showers we got last night. Went to chopping up some of the "ice sculptures" before I twist an ankle on them.

Theres a lot of up and down motion in my steering column, and so far I used the FAQ's to get my steering wheel off. Does anyone have a digram of the steering column? I'm probably going to have to replace some stuff in it.

Jeff...up where the sponser button links are at the top of this page,there is a button called "Cub Cadet Parts Look-up".....try that.

Kraig....with kens ad posting, there is no p.t.o. leaver handle....and linkage?

ihrotate.gif

Latest posts

Back