• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wyatt: CC has a 6x4 currently that is set up fire and rescue and there are all kinds of options for it and it is red in color. You would not believe it but one of the most popular options is the 100 amp alternator I hear. Guess they gotta keep those paddles charged lol.
Jack U. What everyone has said here is correct, from what you describe this unit sat a while? That leads me to believe that it may have a case of varnished main jet idus. The top screw in the center of the carb is the one in question. To address this issue one may open the needle about 3 full turns and get the unit started, of course it will run rich or at least should. Get it to highest engine speed possible, the take a rag or something and TOTALLLY cut off the air to the carb with the air cleaner removed. Totally choke it out till it dies. Should have a boat load of fuel in the throat of the carb as a result. What this does is FORCE fresher fuel through the carb. It there is varnish it will suck it on through the jets. I have done this repeatedly and let off just before the engine dies out and cleaned out main jets that way. Since it cant pull any air through the intake all intake must come through the jets, Crude but effective way to get one running right without tearing stuff totally apart. Then go and screw that main jet all the way in and back it out about 2 turns and fine adjust from there. The condenser thing is a good point as well, when you rev one up sometimes they do backfire etc but most times it also sounds like the engine loaded down severely almost like the engine is trying to lock up , so if sounds like most likely it is the condenser and or points. Kentuck, Sent you and E mail reply with a phone number and I will call ya. Dang sounds like that CC man hit the nail on the head about that paint thing on that 2166 I have a feeling the next thing will an idler pulley bering thing then an electrical thing. Tom on that Vibra Cub, were the engine mounts recently replaced? If so these ole boys in here have a way of taking care of that issue. The new engine mounts are allot harder than the original ones and man those unit will rattle your teeth out as a result.

Good Lord KentuckKen: Had all the snow Pops wants, besides keeping the Ingersoll 446, Cub 3206, and our Chevy 4X4 w/snowblade going here at the hospital we have ran out place to put all the snow.

Put a lot of seat time on the 3206 and snowblower, it does have a cab and I got it weighted just right.

Anyway you all keep the topics coming. Love reading everything on this sight and I am heading back outside.

Do not forget your wife today, parts are kinda hard to buy when the "misses" is not happy!
shame.gif

Pops------1000 ready for top coat of yellow.

Mcgiver, that is one interesting trick that I'm going to have to remember! Good to have you back posting again. I sure hope it's on a more regular basis and not just a momentary deal.
happy.gif

Gonna try to keep it up, been rearrangeing some stuff in my life here recently and as a reuslt I have a little more time on my hands.

Latest posts

Back