• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack U: To add to Diggers post, don't forget to check the gas tank vent (in the gas cap) and make sure you are getting good gas flow from the tank. There is a little ole brass screen above the fuel bowl that can get clogged up....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Steve Blunier - Really nice shots. You can even see the "pulse" of the thrower.

Jack, also check the points and make sure that they are set correctly. after rereading your post I'll add this: A few years back one of my 125s would start up fine when it was cold but would only run for 10 or 15 minutes then it would do what your 124 is doing, choking helped slightly at first then it would die. If I let it cool down it would start and run fine again for 10-15 minutes. I replaced both the points and the condensor and it runs fine. I believe that my condensor was going out. However your problem does seem like a fuel flow issue as Roland, Charlie and Myron have indicated. If their suggestions don't fix it, then look at the points and condensor.

Mike G., thanks!
happy.gif

Tom H., are those the same tires you had/have on your 582?
dunno.gif

51619.jpg

Mike F., you have a good eye for taking photos!
thumbsup.gif

Steve B., nice action shots, Monica did a great job!
thumbsup.gif
BTW, how's Big Steve doing?

Mike G., for some reason Steve's wife is the master at getting "pulsed snow" photos. Here's a good one from a few years back:

51621.jpg

Peter R., looks like you got some nice snow there! A cam for higher lift sounds like a good project. I don't recall anyone here making one. Now's you chance to be first!
happy.gif

Graeme - ol Tom and I went to school together 600 miles apart.

Thomas B - you better hope you didn't hurt a shaft in that gear box. They are like gold when you pay for them over the counter. I made one for a guy once that's not on here anymore.

Charlie - speaking of which, have you ever heard from BFH any?

We got a dusting of snow after 2:20am with flurries now. At 8pm it was 57* now it's 14*. Have fun , be safe !

Glad everyone is getting some seat time.

We got about 9" of snow (not including all of the drifts), so I cleaned out the driveway last night. I couldn't talk my wife into going outside to take the pictures...she stayed in the house and just opened a window
lol.gif

Here I am lining up for another pass through a fairly deep drift...the snow was coming over the top of the QA42A by about 6". The 1450 was barking pretty good
buttrock.gif

51630.jpg

I was just about done, and was finishing up getting rid of a little drift when she took this picture
51631.jpg

Too bad she didn't go outside...I had some pretty cool 'snow fountains' coming out the discharge chute when I was on the East side of the house....

And here is Brandon on the 1250 doing 'clean up'
51632.jpg

(I know, not the best pic..the glare on the left side of the picture is reflection off of the window frame/trim)

We're going out again right now to clean up what drifted back in last night...hopefull my wife can get some better pictures!

amatures...
51634.gif

Charlie - that's no way to speak of yer buddy!
side note: I'm still waiting for that call from the man! I think I should have gone higher !

Where's all the snow? Only about 4" and started 7 hours ago. Supposed to be blizzard conditions with 1-3" / hour, 12-20" total. I cleared the path to the door for the 127 last night, now all I need to do is put air in the front tire and see if it will start ( been sitting since last winter ). I don't like to rush into things
coffee.gif

Hello all. Long time no chat. I just got done plowing some more snow here in the St. Louis area. We got about 3" of snow on top of 1" of sleet. Seems that a good plow blade is the only way to move that sleet. The snow blowers just ride on top of it. I have two questions. 1. The spin gear on my CC1250 started doesn't want to engage every so often. Is there a cure, or is replacement the key here? 2. After plowing about 8 driveways, the black plastic grip on my blade lift is all messed up. Does anone sell replacements, or can you re-glue it to the shaft like a golf club grip? Also, I saw the thread on washing your CC, but I am going to have to wash mine soon. Lots of roadf salt spray, which I think is worse than water getting everywhere.

My thanks to those that responded to my post on the QA42A gear box. One of sponsors listed above has parts on the way! Kentuck, I hope my shafts are in good shape! If not I guess I'll slather a little JB in there and power up!
biggrin.gif
Not really. Thanks for your feedback.

I say wash it! When I bought my new 2166 I was told by the MTD CC Man NOT to wash it but I do. I go back and relube everything. I will say that washing it did knock big flakes of paint off the deck !!!

Tom H - save one of those ROCKS for Tom B ! I'll buy ya a sling shot incase he's faster than those little old ladies ;)

<font color="0000ff">WOW New SPONSOR BUTTON !</font>

I just realized something - I have 2 hydros and 4 gear drives, the hydros are in one building - gears in another. I didn't do it that way intentionaly. ( The hrdro/gear debate continues... )

Good day for the beech - 8-11' seas with 30-50 MPH winds.
whistling.gif

ok i got problems after 3 driveway blowings.....

For some reason im blowing bulbs out of my tractor. I lost 2 orange beakons, and 1 head light so far. Anyone know why this is happening??

Jeff, check the voltage when the tractor is running. Perhaps the voltage regulator is not working and it's putting out too high of voltage. I believe it should be in the 14 volt range (13.8 - 14.5 volts?).

Roland, any input here?

Back