• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Just one snow pic. Notice no weights. I say the tire says it all.
51595.jpg

Tom - on your car hit cubbie - see if the engine is in line with the rear end. You may be cocked to one side throwing the shaft out of alignment.

Tom H- man you going rock crawling with that thing? I like I like ;)

Mike "F",
About 235. <font size="-2">(On a GOOOOOD day)</font>

On a Bad Day Tom weighs 365 ... he carries a pocket full of rocks to throw at kids and little old ladies ;)

Mcgiver-
Any chance Cub Cadet will come out with one tailored for fire service like some aftermarket conversions??? I see a couple competitors to where I work make their own conversion on a Cub Cadet utility.

Ah nuts,

I think I'm going to have to see about getting some wheel weights now. I just got home from work and all my sidewalks, driveway, neighbors and street have blowed in
yikes.gif
. Even after I loaded the tires (which helped a lot)and my fat @!!, the cub could still use some more bite. Cubbie might have a spare set of turf tires just for running two link chain for next year.

51599.jpg

My loving wife braved the wind and cold to snap a few pics of the 782 in action tonight.

For those who don't think single stage throwers can pitch snow very far, check out these....

51601.jpg

51602.jpg

51603.jpg

51604.jpg

Moved snow for 4 hours. My drive wasn't as bad as some of the neighbors. I was in snow a foot over my extra wing in a lot of areas tonight.

Man that 782 is a HOG....you just can't get under that 18hp, even when feeding the thrower HARD.....puts a big smile on your face!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi! I don't mean to be pain here, and to tell the truth I'm 60 miles from home with no way to check my stuff, I believe all that number on the rear end is going to tell you is what the rear end is. Which may or may not be what the tractor is. Or am I finally getting feeble.

Well, I thought I'd post a short update on that manual lift '782' that I found. It turned out to be a 'rare' manual shift with an aluminum transaxle and 4 speed.
bash.gif
Of course the serial/type showed it to be the 482 that it is. When I told him I'd hold out for something a little tougher, he gave me a lead on a 'more common' hydro 782. Here's hoping I'll have better luck with this one.
ihrotate.gif

Steve Blunier - boy they are impressive pics. But we don't get snow here.

Hi All,

I am a newbie on the forum with a Cub 124 (My parents were the original owner) Last night I was getting the tractor ready to plow my driveway. I installed a new battery and fresh gas. It started right up and ran for about 15 minutes and coughed, backfired, and died. It started up again with the same symptoms. I cleaned the glass fuel bowl and tried it again with the same result BTW- I could keep the engine running if I pulled the choke all the way out, but once I pushed it back in, the tractor would die.

Any suggestions?

Jack

Life is Good!! Plenty of snow in NW Pennsylvania. There I was..completly surrounded by my neighbors showing off my stuff....1200 with the QA42A throwing stuff off everyones driveway. I figured no time like right now to take some pictures and share with you all. Then it happened. A strange noise...sorta like ball bearings grinding up. I was just finishing my drive so I idled down and determined the noise was coming from the right angle gear box. The input shaft wobbles a little so I'm figuring that new bearing will be needed. I'm hopeful that bearings are available. Does any one know of a source to acquire bearings and such for a rebuild? A schematic would be helpful as well.
At least I completed the jobs before retiring to the garage. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Take Care.

Ken,
Kids are too fast, but I do pretty good on beanin' the little ol' ladies. :cool:

Thomas B:

Here is the Parts Breakdown. I would suggest checking with the above sponsors, or local CC dealer for any left over parts. When all this fails, a good Bearing Supply House would be my next move.

51608.jpg

51609.jpg

Just came in from playing, I mean working on snow removal with the 782/54". Couldn't coax the wife to come out and take pics. All I can say is WOW. With the bar tires on rear and 75# weights... That pushed better than my neighbors 4 wheeler. Of course, when I started I kept getting stuck. Turned out I had a flat tire in the front. Amazing what a difference that makes. ;) Off to see if a tire dealer is open to replace the dry rotted front tires.

Jack U:

First, welcome to the forum...
51612.jpg

On your Cub, two things come to my mind. One would be a Carb adjustment. Second, would be an "air leak" causing excessive air entering the mixture.

Check into your service manual for carb Adjustments and settings.

Jack U.
To add to Roland's post.
Your not getting enough fuel or sucking air through the throttle shaft.
Put a rag under the carb. Shut the gas off, Remove the fuel bowl. The float will drop and see how much gas comes out.
Turn the gas back on and move the float up and down, there may be gunk stuck in the needle/seat. It might just break it loose. If not, it's time to remove them and clean them up or replace.

1. 500 foot long driveway $10,000.00
2. Model 149 Cub with blade $350.00
3. Plowing 14+ inches of snow with your 2 1/2 year old (Ja-cub(Jacob)) PRICELESS!!!
Greetings from upstate NY. Easily got 14 inches last night. Has anyone ever tried to fabricate some type of cam mechanism for the hydraulic lift so the plow will raise up a little higher?
51616.jpg
51617.jpg

Latest posts

Back