• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 12, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
David R

half right ,look at the listing and see what it will mach up with. Its all there. IH used many parts on tractors for many years with the same part number. so I have been told

DAVE - re S/G brackets on 70 & 100. Actually, the casting for both is the same, or at least appears to be the same. The same brackets should be used on the 70, 71, 72, & 73. Not sure about the '63-'65 CC's. When I put the K241 in the 72 I had to turn the S/G bracket upside-down and elongate one of the holes to mount it further forward. The other hole lined up perfect.

DON T. - When You said "hydro valves" I was thinking of the directional valves for hyd. lift. Kraig posted Richard C's Hydro relief valve repair. That must have been what you needed.

I agree with you, some things manual lift is great for, other things hyd. is the only way to go!

Nice work, Jeff. What did you use to clean? I've got a good candidate for a good cleaning. I do have a pressure washer. If I use it, what do I need to cover / protect / avoid? I assume the hydro relief valves, engine air intake, engine valve breather, any ball joints. What else?

Dave Ross, Dennis,

Dennis, I think he is asking about the adjusting brace, and not the mount bracket.

Dave, if so, there is not any difference. It depends on which parts look up you use. In the one above, it comes up as NLA on one of them, and it also gives a Kohler P/N for one and a couple of NLA updated P/N's, for one of them. If you go back to the original IH part numbers for them, they are both the same number, 377 893 R91 Bracket, Motor-Generator Adjusting. Kohler number is KH 231273. The IH numbers could have been updated to Cub Cadet Corp numbers more than once and could explain why you found different numbers. Going from memory, I think the only one that is different is the model 86, and both the mount and the adjusting bracket is different. The early Originals used a welded together mount rather than the cast mount used later.

Chip Stewart
Seals and vents should cover it. Use a biodegradable de greaser and a small bristle brush to help cutting down on repeats. works for me later Don T

Chip i used 2 cans of engine degreaser let sit overnight and washed off with hot water from the garden hose most people said no to pressure washers due to water getting past seals, I didnt cover anything since i used the garden hose at 60psi

Paul, My question stems from a welded together bracket I assumed was PO rash. Thats why I was asking what the difference was, so I could look for and find the right one. Thanks Paul and Dennis.

I put a french drain in around the house this summer and backfilled with #3 sandstone. Had more than enough leftover to do the driveways. The snowblower on the 149 does a good job at launching the stone into the car or the yard but I broke down and put the plow on again. Now I think I have more stone in my yard than in my driveway. If anyone needs any snow to move around with their cub, please let me know. You load and haul, all you want for free. Nick
beerchug.gif

Corey S. Nice to see another local cubber. I haven't been to Hines in Johnstown lately, but have you seen the Original they have there? (If it's still there) Nice restore job. Anyway, if you didn't get your gear yet, like the other guys said, the sponsors above or in St. Benedict, on 219 between Carroltown and Northern Cambria, there is a cub cadet dealer (Banick's) that has a surprising supply of old parts still on stock. Just my $.02. Nick

Here are the pics of the 122 I am getting tomorrow,what is the plate I have circled on the picture of the back did somwone make that or is it original
185420.jpg

185421.jpg

185422.jpg

185423.jpg

Did the 102 come standared with a creeper gear
beacas I have seen alot of them with creepers.
Can I put a hydro lift on my original?

Lucas, that plate is original. It was omitted when the sleeve hitch was installed.
Jerry

For those of you that suscribe to the cadetb conection on the back of the winter 2010 issue
what is up with the diferent colared hoods for originals on the back
185426.jpg

Lucas: Ya done good. Did you really find it in that condition? I shouldn't ask, but how much? Don't tell me less than $500.
Jason: That's a question I'm not prepared to answer, but I can say this:
groupwave.gif
Welcome!

Lucas J.
Paul Bell is the one that came up with those pics of the proposed color schemes for Cubs a year or so ago.

Lucas J.
I thought I would post this answer to your question, even though you've already seen it before.
biggrin.gif

Lucas,yes,hydraulic lift can be installed on an Original.Creepers were a dealer insatlled option.

Lucas, Here's a link to Paul's original post here at ihcubcadet.com with those photos.

Also, click HERE for detailed scans of those images. However, BEWARE, there are high resolution images at this link so don't click if you only have a dialup connection.

We can add leather glove to the list of things a snowthrower will throw. dawt

Latest posts

Back