Archive through February 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbliler

displayname
Jerry Bliler
Dennis, Thats too easy. Sanding a head builds muscles. I think there was a picture of a rewelded and repaired head somewhere.

I think the Grump posted it. Was one that flamed through and he repaired.

Jerry:
Belt sander for .030, then 1500 laps on plate glass with valve grinding compound.. (use Prussian blue every couple hundred laps to check for low spots..) Good meditation.....sore arms..

TODD - I wonder how many GALLONS of OIL You can fit in a K321 Kohler by using the WRONG dipstick?
roflol.gif

JERRY - I don't have anything at home I trust to be flat enough...and the QA manager @ work won't let Me use His 6 ft X 8 ft Granite table. The QA techs DID inspect some parts for Me when I rebuilt My K321. Gal that retired 1-1/2 yrs ago used to work at Briggs & Scrapiron, I had Her mic the connecting rod big end and check it for roundness on the CMM.

Jerry, Brendan, here's the before and after photos of the head that KENtucky repaired.

114515.jpg

114516.jpg

BTW, that head belonged to Bob Necker the founder of this website, here's the action shot when his head blew.
happy.gif

114517.jpg

Todd: The first time I contacted that dipstick situation I got a very sinking feeling in my gut when that short little "dipstick" came out of that loooong tube!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Dennis F., I am sure someone has done that, I can picture a guy adding and adding oil saying "How much oil does this d!@# thing hold"!

hello guys i was getting my 982 out an the steering is funny on it so i looked an on the steering box the side cover is loose can i just tighen the nut up or whats all invaled to it

Steve, there should be two nuts on the bolt that tightens the steering lever to the gear box. One is a Jam nut to lock the adjusting nut once you have it adjusted. First loosen that Jam nut then tighten the adjusting nut only enough so that the steering lever gets a good seal on the gear box. Then tighten the jam nut. I only mentioned the very basic adjustment, there are other adjustments that can be made to your 982 steering gear. Might be a good idea to order a Service manual for your 982, the complete steering adjustments should be covered in it.

thanks karig i took the gas tank off an did that an now its back togeather an runs good even thoe its a 17hp kolher it it i have to rebuild the onan

Dennis, I kept a side window from an old ford bronco. Had a friend that was always rebuilding one. Seems to be nice and flat.
Kendell I think the belt sander might have saved me an hour or two. Kind of like hand lapping valves, I finally found one of the little hand drills with the suction cup. Much better!

Hello , I just finished installing a hydralic lift on my cub 122 . and have a couple questions , first is how do I run the pto engagement rod ? it wont clear the pump and pulley , second ( feel bad for having to ask this one ) My tractor has a snowplow on it it was mounted to the mule drive on the front , is that correct ? or does the drive come off ? Thanks Allen

how do i know if i got i GT or a LT i have an old cubby made between 60-63 i think i left a post on the other page and wasnt sure if i was in the right place chasis numbers are 351530-R7/L2 and 44932

Kraiq , just did some looking and see you have posted Utility Box Drawing in the sand box. Is there a way to print that so it will all show up on the paper ? I want to make 2 of those so i have place to store tools or other things like beverages. I find the 147 handy with the room under the seat and think the box would be nice behind my O and 125. Thanks so much! I have made some more parts ready for paint and in the am i will be working on the loader frame to get it ready to paint.
Just a thought i would use rubber guard or slip plate on the inside of the bucket to keep it easy to dump its load. I could post some primmed parts if you like. I will soon have to do the engine tin because the 129 will soon have new paint. Later Don T
old.gif

Reese, if that is your correct serial number it means you have a 1962 "Original" (IH's first Cub Cadet model) it would be a garden tractor, not sure when IH made their first lawn tractor?
and oh yah!
worthless.gif

Allen,
If you have the pump attached correctly it should fit fine. The rod goes "through" the belt.
If you have the snow plow attached to the mower sub frame, you need to remove that. The plow has a frame of it's own.

Does anyone have the dimensions to the lift bar for the 3 point for a 982 or 782?

I've seen them on here before.

Thanks,

Rob

Latest posts

Back