• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrbowen

displayname
james bowen
Will it work
51372.jpg

51373.jpg

James, very cool! Good to see you posting again. Also good to see that you're still making custom Cub Cadets! What can you tell us about that???? More photos please!!!!!!
happy.gif

For those not familiar with the other custom Cub Cadets that James has built, check out the "Cool <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new ! ! !" area of the forum. If you're not sure where that is, click HERE.

James, any chance you could email high resoultions versions of those photos to me? Please?
happy.gif

I can not belive the song and dance iam getting over this pump,its not a rocket ship.

Kraig- Interesting reading on them first post. What is even more interesting is how many of the original guys are still hanging their heads in here to help share their knowledge.

Hugh, yep! I also saved a second set of posts from BGC (Before the Great Crash) that are not linked from Bob's Page If anyone would like to read these posts (33 pages worth), let me know and I'll send the Word document file. FWIW, My first post to the forum was on Nov 12, 1998.
happy.gif

Here's an email that needs an answer, Any Takers?

I have seen a couple of E-mails stating that the creeper drive has a reduction speed; 2:1 ratio. Is this just for the older Cub Cadets? I have a 582 with a creeper and the operator's manual says that first gear in direct drive is 2.3 miles per hour and creeper drive is 0.6 mph, second gear direct drive 3.3 mph creeper 0.8 mph, third gear direct 6.8 mph creeper 1.7 mph, and reverse direct 2.5 mph creeper 0.6 mph. This is closer to a 4:1 ratio. My question is this unique to the 582 or are all Cub Cadets set up this way and the 2:1 ratio is not true?

Charlie- I'll bite on it.

As far as I know, all the creeper gears from the Danco underdrive for the Original all the way throught the IH built 82 series creepers were 4:1 reduction.

I've never heard of a 2:1 creeper reduction for a IH Cub Cadet.

The specs in the owners manuals or service manuals say the creeper's a 4:1 ratio, cant remember which of those I saw that in, I'll try to find it if someone wants proof of that.

Long two days at work. Just need a quick Cub Cadet relaxation fix before I go to bed. Gotta go in at 5 tomorrow morning.

A couple of gentlemen on here know of the good news that I have been told of. This next weekend my 782D should be arriving in Iowa. I am very excited and so blessed to be acquiring this tractor. With my work schedule increasing for a short term it looks like I will be tucking it away all covered up in the garage for awhile. I sure hope to have it operational for Plow Day 13.
If not then the 125 will once again be the tractor of choice.

Fred B. I must agree with everyone else about taking your 15U apart. If it doesn't need it then why do it? Yes, curiosity is one thing only you should consider the contamination factor. Something the size of a small piece of human hair will easily seize a charge pump or one of the other parts within the system. You are correct about they aren't rocket ships. Drop a part though and see how much a replacement cylinder block, valve plate, etc. costs to replace. I believe this is why everyone is saying ... "if it aint broke, don't fix it." Just my half-baked sleepy opinion on the subject.

Off to bed now.

Scott T.

To answer your question from Thur. I lived west of Jamestown, NY in the town of Ashville.

Anyone,

I have torn down my Onan B48G engine and figuring out what I need to replace and what can go back in. Has anyone rebiult a B48g?

jim

Marlin H.,
CONGRATULATIONS on getting a 782D soon!
thumbsup.gif

For some reason I keep thinking I'd like to find one too! However, if I did, then my 129 (which I got from my now-gone Father-in-Law) would be sad. So with my chin-up, I'll keep on keepin' on...
Ryan W
bubbly.gif

Vern B.
Nice job on the 100 with the narrow front end. My first thought looking at the pictures, is I would be very careful driving it on any hill side. With the engine weight over the narrow front end and with the rear wheels not being very wide it may have a tendency to tip. Just be careful.

Digger - ya know it's creepy how those gear guys try to get high rpm's and slow ground speed when all they have to do is buy a hydro ;)

Back