• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie- you just like to hear that hydro whine when your plowing!!!!

Hugh,
There's not much of a whine left in the 1450 since I added THE STUFF to the tranny.
biggrin.gif

Has anybody ever heard of a 782 with a manual lift? I may have found me a red tractor(supposed to be IH and it's in Idaho!!!), but the guy is telling me that it is a 782 and has a manual lift. He also thinks it's gear drive but he's going on memory and hasen't looked at it in over a year. Sounds more like a CCC 582 to me. I'll drive over and take a look at it next week, but I thought I'd see if maybe anyone had seen a manual lift 782s sort of like the manual lift 169s.

INTRODUCING: The ONLY Cub Cadet (I've ever seen) with a butterfly hood. Here's what I did, and will take pics of it on the tractor tomorrow when it is light out.
Here's what it looks like. First I marked and cut the hood straight down the middle, then ground down the edges with an angle grinder untill they were close enough to square. Then I marked and drilled the holes for the pop rivets in my hood, and put it together. Then I took it to the motorcycle shop where I used to work and welded two tabs to the cross brace on the hood, and flared the edges so it slides in easily when the hood is shut, that way the hood can still be held in place in the back by the existing hood latch. I just need to get and install a latch for the front to hold it shut, and I'm ready to go.
51399.jpg

51400.jpg

51401.jpg

51402.jpg

51403.jpg

51404.jpg

51405.jpg

51406.jpg

Charlie,
When you say "The Stuff" are you talking about that link and video you posted a while back?
Probably not since it seems like that was for engines. Just thought I'd ask.

Shane, they had manual lifts on the 169's alot, soooo It is possible.

Sahne,
Yes

Bill,
YEP, sure am!
Why!
Cause it works.

Example,
I had a hydro that had a weak valve for reverse.
I added it, and that valve for reverse has gained no less than 50% power to reverse back in less than 2 hours run time.

Shane,

There are no "correct" or factory 782's with manual lift, end of story.

782 = 17hp Kohler twin, hydro, with hyd. lift
682 = 17hp Kohler twin, hydro, with manual lift
582 = 16hp B&S, gear drive (IH 3 speed), with manual lift.
582 Special = 16hp B&S, belt drive to Peerless 4 speed gear drive, manual lift
482 = 11hp B&S, belt drive to Peerless 4 speed gear drive, manual lift.
1282 = 12hp Kohler single, hydro, manual lift.
782D = 15hp Kubota Diesel, hydro, hyd lift with dual spool.
982 = 19.9hp Onan twin, "super garden tractor", hydro, hyd. lift

This is the ONLY way that they made red tractors, no exceptions. There were no "options" for hyd. lift like on the yellow tractors.

And I'll also add and there's several on here that can verify that my work horse 1450 would never start at anything below 30 degrees.
I tried it just yesterday with the temp at -11 degrees, and the beast took a bit, but it fired with no changes made to anything other than the additive.

Ok, you got me, what's this "STUFF" y'all are talking about because I have a 1250 that needs a little help in reverse. Tim H.

Thanks Shane, I'll have to keep an eye out for that stuff, is it available yet to retailers or do you have to order it?

ok got a call from a local ag dealer tells me he s got this reallll old cub in on trade says its 282??? i not sure if this guy is for real or just cant read real good .was there ever a 282 built by cub cadet?let me know what the theory is on this thing or is a mtd built machine from not so long ago .

Greg P: The 282 is a Lawn Tractor of the 82 series introduced by IH in 1980 and continued by CCC through about mid 1985. Find out the color and get the serial number off the ID plate and we can tell you some more info about it. It should have an 8 hp vertical shaft B&S engine and a Peerless hydrostatic drive. It came with a 36 inch deck and will weigh about 430 lbs....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Rich,i know the tipping thing can happen however i have a very lazy incline in the yard i am going to try it on,surely don't want to tip it over!believe me leaning is a option
coffee.gif
!thanks for the concern,Vern

Glen C. That is very cool. Can't wait to see ot installed. Loader is very unique and would like to know if it is a skid steer design. I've seen something like that "STUFF" on the shelf called "THE STUFF" for automatic transmissions. If it works well I got a couple friends who'd like to have their hydros back to full snuff. I have seen a 782 with manual lift. Don't know if it was IH built, it was red. That was few years ago at a local antique farm show. If it was a mix'n'match I have no clue. Haven't seen it since so I don't even know who owned. I just went by the decals.

Charlie- Just because you are jealous when us gear jammers come up on your sorry ass hydro whine when we are in 3rd gear wot!!!!!!! Get yer sorry arse out of our way you little hydro guys!!!!!!!!!

hey thanx myron

serial is S03500264046871 is the number the dealer gave me seems kinda long ?says its red and ? 38"deck new decal(not on it) said the other owner kept it inside all the time .thant all the info i have as of yet,i plan on seeing this sometime soon just not sure if its a unit i d be interested in .

Back