• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 08, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell,
185179.jpg

Charles, regarding the number you posted "2050540U603502", this is not the model number but with a little decoding we can figure some things out. The numbers after the U, "603502", are the serial number. The numbers before the U gives some indication of what model you have, the last 3 digits before the U, "540" along with the engine model: K241AQS, indicate that it is a model 1000.

Hopefully someone has a good photo of the spring in question. I'll look through my archives and see if I can find something.

Steve B., Is that Emma with you in the top photo on the 1872? That photo looks like it could have come from a brochure.
happy.gif

Matt,
I knew that something seemed askew... I posted that late last night... I stand corrected..

I thinki that we "may" have it figured out. It must be the spring that "pulls" the throttle back the let it idle down, at least that it what we think ????

Tony H A buddy has used a length of roller chain circumferentially around each front tire after deflating . Then reinflating to hold each chain in place around each front tire.<font color="ff0000"> CAUTION DON'T LOSE & FIND in snowthrower auger or impeller!</font>

Charles: I'd say you're right. I've been looking at the 12hp AQS here and that spring just isn't on it, so it has to have something to do with the foot pedal throttle. The typical push-pull throttle will hold itself in one position, but the foot pedal must need a spring on it to pull it back to the idle position.
biggrin.gif

You did well to post the pics of what you're dealing with.
thumbsup_old.gif

Kraig,

Emma turned 6 today....wow that time has gone by quick...Steven III will be 9 next week!!!!

The little boy in the picture is my nephew Derrick. He really wanted to "push sno" one day right before Christmas, so we went out and played a little
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve, ah! I knew that couldn't be "little Steve" he ain't that little anymore and I knew the photo couldn't be that old so I thought it must be Emma, but WOW she's 6 already! BTW;

wave.gif
groupwave.gif
<font size="+2">HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!!!!!</font>
groupwave.gif
wave.gif

Bad deal... I lost the screw that holds my front left wheel on to the spindle and lost all the associated parts. It only took me 1 hour to get it out of the pile of snow at the end of a friends driveway and up onto my trailer for a ride back to the garage. I know the semi-local Cub dealer will have new quality bearings, but does anyone know of a Cub Cadet 1250 bearing set that I can by locally at a N.A.P.A. dealer or similar so I can get this fixed ASAP. Bolts and washers I can find, by bearings are a little difficult. Also, does anyone hava a diagram of exactly how the washers etc. go together. My Cub book doesn't have that fine detail.

well thier calling for 6-10 inches.looks like i'll get to plow for the 2nd time this year.even though the 782 has no problem pushing that much,i'll probably get out there twice.thanks to everyone for the advise in getting her up & running.

Paul K., I believe it was during the Quiet Line series that the front axle changed from 3/4" to 1" so before anyone can recommend a part number and so on they will need to know the exact size you need. I'm not sure of what the part numbers would be for either, I've never looked into buying replacements. Hopefully someone here has.

paul k
the numbers for wheel bearings at napa are
3/4 inch spindle 7-04292
1 inch spindle 7-08412
hope this helps

Does anyone know if the electric lift will work with only one brake spring - at least long enough to move today's snow?

All this snow everyone is getting and I haven't seen 1"
angry.gif
bash.gif
swear.gif
censored.gif

PSA:
The new NAPA online catalog is here:
http://catalog2.genpt.com/catviewer15/(zmljtu45byel1dizjvbbhz55)/Catalog/Welcome.aspx?ShowPics=1

Josh, Paul,
Those don't look like sealed bearings, (but I could be wrong, as the pics in the catalog are not always representative) and won't last long as dirt can get in there.. They are better than hardware store radial bearings, but not quite OEM... I would look for them at one of our sponsors, or if you need them yesterday, a Cub
ihrotate.gif
or (gulp) JD Dealer
thumbdown.gif
.. they are about $8 each... HTH

MY Grandpa was on here and talking about the spring for the foot throttle it came off of the throttle lever connecting to the top of the carburator and a guy specifically told me that i had to big of a spring and to heavy of one which my grandpa "Charles" has pictures posted on her of the spring I would get very little throttle amount before and it almost sounded like it was idleing. So I dont Know whos right or wrong.

Brendan:
Me neither........
clappy.gif

Richard Lynn:
Since Cubs didn't come with a foot throttle, you're gonna have a hard time finding someone on the forum that can pinpoint your problem over the 'net....
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back