• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 01, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, I do not recall any grey streaks in the oil that I drained out. The majority of the oil that I drained was the fresh quart of 30w that I put in it to check how much was missing. The dipstick being the source of metal filings makes sense. I'm guessing that if I ever do find the dipstick it's going to be quite mangled and chewed up as I believe it went through the QA42 and is somewhere out in my lawn or in the ditch or out in my field adjacent to where I clear snow by my firewood piles. I will do the check as you described some day this week and report back.

Denny, The drained oil is in an empty cat litter jug that I have used several times for waste oil from the cars and Cubs and other engines. There was a 1/4" of sludge in the bottom of the jug before I added the oil from Killer. Also the drain pan had a thin film of sludge, sand, moths and whatnot from the debris that falls off the car frame, log splitter frame, tractor frame and so on when changing oil. I never wipe it out I only try to pour as much of it as will flow out with the oil when I transfer it to the empty cat litter jugs. Might make for an interesting analysis...
icon_eek.gif

Nick K., wow! That looks like quite the place. I see your son gave it a
greenthumb.gif

KRAIG - Yes, Your drain pan sounds like my oil drain pan. A sample might give erroneous results.

NICK, KRAIG - Several guys from the Red Power Magazine forum have visited FARMALL-LAND. They've all given it a BIG Thumbs up too.

I'm still looking for an excuse to drive across Iowa on I-80 with a few extra hours to kill.

Hmm never seen a narrow frame on top of a wide frame before, too bad the MTD was in the piture.

Charlie, what ever happend to Ken M??

Farmall Land is a must see......If the girls and kids wouldn't have been along, Dad and I would have spent all day!!!

Dave S.

Your shifter is an easy fix with a wire welder. I just did a full work up article on that exact repair in Cub Cadet Connection a few issues back.

Charlie - DANG!!!!!! That's one hot picture. I just knew she'd love that Hydro Lever. That pictures so hot the rear reflectors are lit'up
jawdrop.gif
jawdrop.gif
jawdrop.gif

Thanks Steve. I just now got it back together. I cleaned up all the braze crap off the rod that was above the original weld. Then cut a 1/2" washer down some and enlarged the hole in the cone so it was round enough to fit the washer then tacked the washer in. Reinserted the rod and got the orientation correct and rewelded the cone back on the rod.

Tightened up the shifter forks while I was in there and now all is nice and snug w/no more wobble

This along with the busted flex drive plate was probably why this machine was deadlined and more than likely headed for scrap. Looks like it was really abused. I hope to get it going as soon as I can find a decent carb. Should make a nice plow tractor.

109 update - temps warmed up to the mid 50's today so I ventured out to the camp property where the 109 lives. With a tad of starter fluid, the engine fired right off and I let it run for a while and then turned off the fuel from the tank and hopefully emptied out the carb.

I need to freshen up the engine with a rebuild and rebuild the clutch.

The K241 is one smooth running engine!

Latest posts

Back