• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys..
I do a reasonable job of putting the chains on, but the routine is always been the same, jack the back end up, roll the chain on and lock it with the tightest link possible. As long as nothin's loose and hitting the sheet metal, I've never gone to the point of deflating tires or putting cross straps on - as a matter of fact, I kind of got the feeling that if they were a little loose, there was some benefit, as snow can't pack around the cross links like it might if they were cinched down tight. I do use a tie wrap on the loose ends. I've never seen a down side in doing it this way for 30 or so years (22 on the 129, with the same set of chains)
dunno.gif

Kendell, first time I've ever heard of a slightly loose chain helping prevent snow packing, I've never had a problem with it. I did throw a chain once waaaaay back in the late 70's when my 125 was still my parent's tractor, no damage but I stopped instantly due to a spinning tire. I figure the bungee straps prevent the chains from coming undone, plus I just like the chains to be tight on the tire.
dunno.gif

Earl,

There was a 1282 Cub Cadet produced after IH sold the line to MTD. I believe it was basically an 82 series chassis with a K301AQS 12HP Kohler engine like what was used in the 1200/1250 Quietlines. Also had Hydro transmission w/manual lift and was likly a cheaper alternative to a 682.

Now to keep on topic, I got an hour of good seat time on the 149 yesterday morning here in KS clearing the drive and sidewalks of about 4 inches of new snow that we got on Thursday. Wore out one of the skid pads on the front mounted blade so will have to replace it. Just put it on new last year too...Grrrr.

Charlie- the dog misfiled it in your organized filing system.
clappy.gif

Glen
Don't believe I have ever seen a Cub with a buterfly hood.

I have seen a Cub with a Bell on the hood though.

I'll be waiting for pictures.

Here is a Kohler-141T. I do not have a clue what it was for, what it came off of etc. I got it because I had never worked on one. Never seen one either. Replaced some parts & it runs like a top. I know it was not Cub related but to keep on message it is a Kohler.
Any body out there have any info, thoughts on this Kohler?
G.L.

50961.jpg

50962.jpg

50963.jpg

Louderback that looks like its from the old wheelhorse tractors, thats my guess

Kraig:
Not being critical of anyone that goes to the effort, but in lower Michigan, the snow is usually wet enough that it packs in, on and around everything... NOT NOW though -we're getting our first real "nasty" snowstorm and it's about 15 degrees (dry snow!!).. - I just looked out the window here at work and it was snowin' sideways.. Sure glad I got the QA on this week..
thumbsup.gif

G.L. L etal: That red K-141T (T = pull start) Kohler does have "TORO" right there on it...Hmmm..now that just might be a good place to start.

Myron B

Kendell:

Boy....do you have that right. White out here in Mid-Michigan. Visibility down to where you can hardly see your Cubs.
50966.jpg

Roland:
That could have been taken a mile from my house.. had some fun getting home. Sunshine now.
confused.gif
Going to see if I can stick a sump heater someplace on the 129 - it get non-cranky at these temps

Fellas,

OK - Where did you guys hide the wiring diagram for the 129s? I looked up & down and haven't located it in either FAQ sections.
bash.gif
WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE DIRECT ME TO IT OR REPOST IT?

I'd like to install an hour meter on my CC 129. I'm thinking what I need to do is run a wire (14ga?) that would be hot when the key switch is on to the meter's left (looking at the back) terminal (+) and then a second wire from the right terminal to a ground source.

Does that sound correct?
Which key switch terminal should I connect it to?

Thanks in advance, Guys!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Sorry Ryan, Charlie, I had it checked out. I've returned it now.
happy.gif

Glen: Hell, you don't bother me...but sometimes a 1/4 of the page is taken up with you 'revving your engine'.

I must just be used to guys on this board mostly posting about what they have done, or are doing, and not so much 'coulda'/shoulda'/woulda' type stuff.

On that topic Glen...did you ever get the timing fixed on your 149??? You asked how to do it...I spelled it out for you (which I cut you some slack there...because it is in the manual) But you didn't have the courtesy to say 'Thanks' or post if you got it fixed or not!

Ahhh, you guys are doing the chain thing the hard way
err.gif

I have a set of 8.5" turfs that have the chains and weights on them at all times
50969.jpg

The get put on a tractor for winter duty, and swapped with 10.5" AGs for the other 3 seasons
thumbsup_old.gif

Back