• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 30, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, gonna go skinny dipping in the pool tonight???
rofl.gif

Finally got out to the garage to work on the cub after a very busy holiday... whew...

finished up the battery hold down for the group 70 battery... It uses the stock J-bolt, and utilizes the "manual gear selection portal" cover plate bolt...
clappy.gif

183310.jpg

Made it out of stainless, and covered it with heat shrink for abrasion resistance.
183311.jpg

These are next, an on-board charger, a fuse block, battery switch, and a power port to connect jumper cables...
183312.jpg

Charlie, how can you hate a 149? Mine is a beast. Barely ever a problem. Maybe you got a lemon.
explotar2jr.gif

dug this beauty out of a snow bank last night, found her road hunting! got it running today. it has a broken 3 pin driver, got one in stock. my collection is getting bigger!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
183325.jpg

183326.jpg

183327.jpg

Allen Schumacher
lol not tonight but is a little walk and on those hot nights the pool does come in handy hehe.Dang the weather man say this storm we are having is going to intensify or night and give us lots of snow 35 cm . I get some seat time in the afternoon when it slows down . Later Don T
old.gif

Does anyone know about why there is different sizes of teaser springs on geardrives. I have the old one here and it is way heavier duty than this new one . I used to know why, but forgot.? The clutch spring was broke , Im thinking the softer teaser is better . The spring dia is like 3/16 on the old one and 1/8 on this new one . The old teaser is the same spring stock as the clutch spring . ?? I jusst hope I have the right new one from C

Happy New Year to all of you Cubbers! I will be looking for a red one this year once I get rid of a couple extra off-topic tractors. Maybe a yellow and white one would be ok.

Bradley,
Looks like you need a snow blade for that little gem! I would have said snow blower, but there's way too much clutch work involved with them when used on a gear drive. Anyway, nice find and have fun getting it back in shape.
beerchug.gif

Well the weather here has changed. Now the weather guessers say the snow will change to freezing rain and then to rain before tonight.That is about normal weather for here. But I will go out and plow before its all rained away. Later Don T
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back