• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Stephen - Some people do call those Briggs'n Scrap'um so I guess it's okay as a weight ;)

Charlie - That's scary ... hope his lights don't get used right after a fill up !

Oh yea ... Charlie did you ever see the pic of the cub with the 327 in it ? He was to have told da Rev that he mowed with it and his neighbors just loved him !

Kentuck, yepper, I've got it stuffed somewhere.
biggrin.gif

Send SNOW!!!! Im going wood cutting this afternoon. CCO is getting a workout hauling it in to the shed. Need a duel wheel kit, it digs holes going uphill.

KentuckyKEN-

Yes, I did. Nobody wanted to come out in the blizzard and take pictures though. We got about 6" of real heavy stuff. It didn't always want to go into the auger, it would pack up in front of it for some reason. Luckily, only part of the driveway did that...

Ya Matt you're right. We had 4-5 inches here and the snow just slid off the pavement in front of the auger. Every now and the the thrower would catch a bite of snow.
74519.jpg

74520.jpg

74521.jpg

Just going though some pix from last summer and found this one.
74523.jpg

Tihs is a good wy to people fromsitting on you tractor!!!

Tom and Matt:
I was cleaning the back yard here yesterday and about fell off the seat laughing... the QA42 looked about like a sausage stuffer - it was pushing perfectly round, slightly curved "logs" (kinda like big versions of what's on that seat) out of the chute, barely past the side of the thrower. Slip Plate works!!

Since I never did the summer maintenance on the thrower before putting it on the 129, I put it in the workshop last night - glad I did...the bearing collar on the sprocket end of the auger had slipped back a 1/2 inch, the auger has shifted and the chain was starting to gnaw at the drive sprocket pivot (glad it's aluminum and that I know from dirt bike days which way to put the master link clip on..). Took the opportunity to freshen up the Slip Plate in the chute too - only thing I don't like is that the graphite gets on the paint and is tough to get off....

Charlie:
More pronounced separation - if they'd been tapered on the ends, I'd have looked for the Abominable Snowman.. Here's what I got a couple of years ago, with a little lighter snow. Ya know, the 'ol QA36 would launch it 30 feet when I got the 129 wound up.... I've got another one up in the barn - hmmmm. The only thing I didn't like was the narrower width put the front wheel track outside the cleared path on sharp turns.
74538.jpg

Matt:I tried your suggestion about pulling the brake piston out with no luck. I just came in from breaking down the transmission. Everything is out except the pinion shaft and the reduction gear that drives it. I am kinda stuck at this point as I do not know how the pinion shaft comes out. It turns freely, but has no back or forth movement. I see a snap ring in front of the reduction gear, but it looks about impossible to get to. Any help in how to get the pinion sahft out would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pat K.-

I hope someone else speaks up. You're doing something I have not had to do. Do you have the service manual?

Thanks Ken.Now I don't feel so bad about the project I'm doing in my shop.I'm putting a 1.6 4 cyl mazda eng(fuel injected)into my 1200 cub.Everything will remain the same for mower and blower.I'm using the same clutch idea as the original set up.Not to worry faithful cubaholics I am also overhauling a 126 to original for work around the yard-if he has a little trouble-big brother will be close by.By the way my son was telling me yesterday of a small block 350 for 150.00 running-ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.looks like a lot of work ahead of me now.Thanks.K.W.

Matt, No manual yet. After looking at a parts online page, I see there is a compression cap like a freeze plug on the other end of the pinion shaft. I think that cap comes off & there is a retainer behind it. Thats tommorow nights job. After that, I will be cleaning all of the internal parts and replacing all of the gaskets as well as the brake parts while I have things apart. Pretty impressive how heavy duty these rear ends are. Fairly simple as well.

My "Super 42" thrower does a little better than that QA-36B did....of course it was a little lighter snow and it had some more HP behind it!!!!

74545.jpg

74546.jpg

74547.jpg

74548.jpg

(Gotta love a camera that will stop the auger and catch all of the "paddles-full" mid flight....Monica takes good pics
happy.gif
)

Latest posts

Back