• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is dang near a week late but thanks Curtis Sanderson for the input. Amazing how when you take time off to do nothing, alot of somethings always come up. I'll call them when their open next. Amazing where the 1200 will go with new ags and 50# each side, but not on the 4X8 tilt trailer, ice covered wood too slick. Now to finish the 2 year lift rod project. Keep up the great site guys!

hello guys i broke my manual lift on my model 73 i have found a complete one localy but it is off a model 123 would this fit onto my model 73 with out doing mods

timothy teague (Tteague) well you have a different type of set up and i`am not sure but you might be able to use a 129 or 149 spindle and gusset it and weld on the 2500 lb trailer axle stubs. they are grease able as well. Something for Kraiq to answer or Kendal.
old.gif

Kieth W....Do you have a camera so you can post a picture ? For some reason this little bell keeps going off every time I read your post. Unless I'm on a different wavelength today and my Tramadol is gettin the best of me I just don't see how any part of the clutch itself could be welded to the drive basket. The drive basket and pulley are supposed to be welded together.

Timothy S. Gallagher (Tgallagher), yep i saw a splitter used for that, But my is out side and well its also not quite as portable as i wanted. I have to ask where i can buy parts for this
112327.jpg

as you can see i need a few parts to fix the and install it in my 100 . Who knows where i can buy these parts ,i think there nll. Thanks Don T
old.gif

The hydro speed control lever on my 1250 appears to have been modified/repaired by a PO.

112329.jpg

The 'flat spring' (circled) that allows the handle to move sideways from the forward to reverse positions is a full 1/8" thick and has no flexibility. The drawing in the Parts Lookup for the 1250 (#17) looks like this is not a separate part, but is part of the control handle.

112330.gif

The corresponding part on my 782 is only 1/16" inch thick, and is listed in the Parts Lookup (#18) as a Flat Spring - but must be ordered as an assembly with the control handle.

112331.gif

Obviously, I can easily replace this part with a thinner version. My guess is that the Flat Spring on the 1250 should be the same thickness as the one on the 782 (1/16"). Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Has anyone ever broke 2 axles in a summer? I have a 982 ih cub. I mainly run it with a tiller. I had no drive in may and it was a broken right axle. Got it fixed and lost drive the end of sept. Just had time now to look into it and the splines going into the gear dont turn when I turn the hub outside. I think I have another broken axle. Am waiting to hear from my dealer if cub cadet will warranty the axle. Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening? The new axle maybe has 20hrs of tilling on for the season. What gives? Thanks Dominic

Back