• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 26, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just in from Josh Stertz:

311848.jpg

Attachments

• 311848.jpg
    311848.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 311848.jpg
    311848.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 151
Thanks Kraig--a belated "Cubbie Christmas" to all my yellow/white and sometimes red mini tractor friends and a happy new year from the Stertz tribe! It has been awesome getting to meet and know you guys over the last five years or so!

Wow, Very nice pic Josh,,, Definitely one for the family photo album!
thumbsup.gif

I always love seeing pics of Caleb's Grizzly w/ that Awesome custom hydraulic lift setup,,,,
happy.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 120
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 116
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 116
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 120
This is my first posting in a long time since I am down to a 129 and 2 149's and a zero turn Cub Cadet. Back problems and old age have taken its toll.
My problem is the 129 with a trac vac. I blew a head gasket earlier and when I pulled the head, I discovered a burnt valve. I replaced both of them, adjusted the valves, torqued the head and reassembled. Now, when I try to start, it will lock up on the compression stroke. I can "bump"
the starter and it will turn to the next mpression stroke and lock up again. The battery and starter are new and I have rechecked everything except the valve settings, which I will do as soon as I get a warmer day and feel like pulling the head again. Is there anything else I can check? Thanks

David G. Sounds like the compression release. This coming from a guy who knows nothing about it, but has been trying to help another cubber with similar problem.

Charlie, woah! Don't show them to my dad, I got enough projects!

Josh - nice pic. Every where I look I see an IH emblem.

David G - although it could be a problem with the compression release as Earl noted, I'd find it surprising to suddenly have this problem. Before investigating compression release I'd re-check the valve adjustments as you stated, but I'd also re-check that "new battery" and "new starter". Maybe easiest to try a jump start from a car/truck battery to begin with to see it if starts right up. If it does then your battery is suspect in my view.

Going off the grid for a few days.
Have a happy and safe new year!
bannana_guitar.gif
buttrock.gif
guitarist.gif
icon_jam.gif
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 117
  • icon_jam.gif
    icon_jam.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 120
  • guitarist.gif
    guitarist.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 125
  • buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 129
  • bannana_guitar.gif
    bannana_guitar.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 129
  • bannana_guitar.gif
    bannana_guitar.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 119
  • buttrock.gif
    buttrock.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 122
  • guitarist.gif
    guitarist.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 120
  • icon_jam.gif
    icon_jam.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 124
  • beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 125
Thanks for the positive comments guys! They are ALL keepers, especially that tall one in the middle for putting up with me all these years! They are proudly sporting their IH pride. It is so funny to hear my littlest exclaim, "look dad it's a John Deere, shot through the heart!"
Schultzie--have fun sliding off the grid.

311861.jpg

311862.jpg

He decided to stick w/ same make, just got the newer model,,,
Old car is just sitting down at the parking pad now,,,

I'm gonna try and keep a good distance between the 149 and this one!!!
err.gif

Attachments

• 311861.jpg
    311861.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 120
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 120
  • 311862.jpg
    311862.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 311862.jpg
    311862.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 311861.jpg
    311861.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 123
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 119
In regard to my saga with the 129, I did try a brand new starter with a battery pack and the same result. When the weather gets a little warmer, I will recheck the valves and timing. Is there a fix to the compression release?

Latest posts

Back