• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 26, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug,

I would say definitely yes a 982 would be worth it. It was the first Super Garden Tractor offered in the Cub Cadet family. I would love to have one, one of these days. I know there are several members that have one. They like them, the 19.9 Onan has some quirks, and Onan is proud of parts.... but most would not give them up once they have one......

Doug B.

The only minor or major issue with the 982 is the cost to repair the Onan, but it seems Kohler is well on their way to catching up to Onan.

Maybe Denny will chime in on how much he loves his Onan.

If had to down size to one tractor it would be my 982. It has all the options, so I could get the most out of it being the only one. I would have to take the power steering out of the 1872 and install in the 982. Not that a 982 steers hard, it is easier to steer than one might think. The 982 also has a smoother ride, bigger tires and longer frame.

Jim

Jim - Yes, I love my B48G when it's running right. It burns a LOT of gas, but like Dad's old 450 Farmall, does a lot of work so it's all relative. But my experience has been the ignition parts from Onan now days only run about 125 to 150 hours. But that doesn't keep them from charging STUPID money for them.

The tractor itself has been totally trouble free for 14 years and 500 hours.

I would Jump @ the chance to own another 982. If the Onan Caused much problems I would put another mag20 in. Already done that on my brothers.

Thanks for the input on the 982, I'll pursue it some more and see what happens. My biggest fear is that the Onan is shot and needs replacement $$$$.

Doug ,are you looking at the one up in bc canada ,i tryed to get hold of this guy a number of times and he,s a no show to any of my e/mails .i have been looking for a another cub for some time now ,as i restore old cubs .i was told about you from Harry ,good luck if this is the one you are looking at .David in Seattle

David C. yup that's the one. I talked to the guy right before Thanksgiving and then never really pursed it further.

Has anyone put springs on a 123 seat? I've got a pair that I'm trying to figure away to put them on but still be able to tilt the seat forward.

Doug B. Now you have me thinking of putting springs onto the 125 seat since I've a extra pair. Since it's over at Ian's right now I'll wait for warmer weather. If the holes don't match up then I'll just get a piece of 1/4" flat stock and make spacers from pipe and drill holes into the flat iron piece. That way I don't drill any new holes into the original metal.

The 125.... Like Kraig M. says.... "Perfectioin!!!"
293007.jpg

It's currently 1* above zero. I leave for work in a little bit. Everyone be safe and stay warm.
293008.gif

Back